Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#226 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

You're letting the political spin take control of you here G5. Not that that's any shocker though.

#227 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

Just like other situations with Obama...he spoke stupidly.

So then you think that this surprised Egypt. Do you think that they were under the impression that we were allies?

#228 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

Using the liberal tact against your own leader. Why get butthurt when it's nothing more than a diplomatic "shooting before you aim" statement.

i literally have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

#229 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

http://online.wsj.co...2541161820.html

Nice link to a garbage opinion piece by top neocon daughter spawn of Dick Cheney.

#230 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Nice link to a garbage opinion piece by top neocon daughter spawn of Dick Cheney.

lol

thanks for the warning

#231 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Really sad:

http://www.nbcnews.c...ed-libya-995476

In the forums of the online community Something Awful, where Smith was a volunteer moderator, word of his death began to spread. A good friend of Smith's for six years, Alex Gianturco, confirmed the news to the online community and explained via his EVE blog how Smith had even mentioned his perilous situation as protests grew outside the consulate.
Smith wrote to his friend via chat: "assuming we don't die tonight.We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures."
Gianturco said via Twitter that the last he ever heard from Smith was a shout of "oh sh#& gunfire." That was soon followed by news of the deadly attack in Libya.

#232 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

And then this:

http://worldnews.nbc...us-embassy?lite

In Yemen, protesters breach the of the U.S. Embassy compound in the capital, Sanaa, as a wave of anti-American demonstrations sweeps across several Middle East nations. NBC's Richard Engel reports from Cairo.

By NBC News staff and wire reports

Updated at 11:22 a.m. ET: Protesters angry over an obscure film critical of Islam's Prophet Muhammad stormed the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa, Yemen, on Thursday, as unrest that led to the deaths of a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Libya spread to other countries in the region.

Yemeni security forces fired into the air as demonstrators reached the embassy's grounds, according to The Associated Press and Reuters. The New York Times reported that protesters managed to set fire to a building inside the compound but were forced by security forces to pull back after trying to take furniture and computers.

A local hospital official said the body of one person had been brought in from the scene of the clashes and medics were trying to determine the cause of death, Reuters reported. A security source told the news agency that at least 15 people were wounded, some from bullets, and 12 people were arrested.

A Yemeni official said that order had since been restored, but the situation on the ground appeared to remain fluid.

"Initial reports are that all embassy personnel are safe and accounted for," a U.S. State Department official told NBC News.
President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi offered "a personal apology" to Obama over the incident and ordered a swift investigation.
Hadi blamed "mob-like groups" bent on harming Yemeni-U.S. relations for the attack and promised to ensure they are properly punished, state news agency Saba said.

An Obama administration official told NBC News: "We are doing everything we can to support our mission in Yemen. We've had good cooperation from the Yemeni government which is working with us to maintain order and protect our facilities and people. These protests appear to be motivated by the (anti-Islam) film."

I still think blaming this on that crappy, creepy "film" is hilarious. There is no way these protests/attacks are motivated by that garbage.

#233 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

So the heck with it. Our leaders are both going stupid but I kinda wanna try something here. Short of going to war (which would be a bad idea to end bad ideas mixed in with a little clusterduck) how would you respond? Me and a friend we looking at it last night and we both came to the conclusion that this stuff is going to keep going until they see how we respond. a few options came up with no involving a war would be.

1 Issue shoot to kill orders to for anyone crossing the walls into a US embassy. (Not my first choice as the host government would get pissed) But it would stop the whole storming the embassy thing.

2 Strip military aid. We have the best toys when it comes to aircraft and armor on the market. Egpt is scared Shirtless of Isreal/ tell em they get no new weapons for each year the walls are breached and see how many nights it happens.

3 Remove ALL funding - we give Eygpt a little over 1 billion in cash each year. If we take that off the books they will lose the ability to fund large portons of their government. Only Issue is that you take take much money away and people start doing nutty things. Plus then what do we have to bargin with?

Let me know what you guys come up with. Could be more intresting than the white house race that everybody is already tired of.

#234 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Tase them...shoot them...defend the embassy. This is Yemen.

http://www.nytimes.c...yemen.html?_r=2

Posted Image

#235 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Meanwhile...Marines in Egyptian embassy did not have live rounds.

http://freebeacon.co...tted-live-ammo/

Don't know if true...we'll see.

#236 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

This is the start. This is really really really really bad. I have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is the end game folks.

#237 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

This is the start. This is really really really really bad. I have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is the end game folks.

elaborate plz? what end game?

#238 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Everyone still under the impression the problem is with a youtube movie?

#239 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

elaborate plz? what end game?

I'm not exactly sure. This could be the coup de grace of PNAC, or a manufactured start to WWW3. I'm not exactly sure, but this is only going to get worse. This isn't going to just go away into obscurity. We are going to be forced to act, and whether that was all part of the plan is debatable. I don't know exactly where this is heading, but no course looks very good.

#240 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Everyone still under the impression the problem is with a youtube movie?

no, the problem is years of off-handed oppression and manipulation by the east, west and everyone in between combined with a serious case of religious fundamentalism...

i don't think anybody with half a brain thinks a movie is the "problem" as you put it.

it was probably just the anniversary of 9/11 that set them off amirite?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com