Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#301 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,495 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

somebody explained this morning on NPR that Obama gets his intel briefings personally... he reads them himself... as such, they rarely even have the meetings...bush was the one that started demanding meeting and having everything be read to him.

anybody who think POTUS is ignoring his intel reports at ANY time, let alone during a time of crisis is a freaking idiot.

Not necessarily true. There are times where they intentionally ignore intel reports in order to allow certain things to happen that would give them leverage.

#302 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

regardless of what you're implying, that isn't ignoring. ignoring would be leaving them on the table unread. reading them and deciding what to do about them is strategy... even if that action is non-action.

#303 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

when a Paris cinema showed a film in which Christ made love to a woman, the picture-house was burned-down, one cinema-goer was killed, and the killer turned out to be a Christian.

savages

http://www.independe...ix-8131297.html

#304 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,563 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

savages

http://www.independe...ix-8131297.html

Killing is killing... don't get me wrong... but there's a tad of difference between one guy setting a theater alight, and hundreds upon hundreds of people in multiple countries, protesting, rioting, burning and, in LIbya, using said riots as cover to attack and kill innocent bureaucrats, no?

Every religion, group, class and people has their crazies and extremists... but for some reason muslim groups seem to have no limits on their reaction to something done by one or two people that offended them...

#305 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

somebody explained this morning on NPR that Obama gets his intel briefings personally... he reads them himself... as such, they rarely even have the meetings...bush was the one that started demanding meeting and having everything be read to him.

anybody who think POTUS is ignoring his intel reports at ANY time, let alone during a time of crisis is a freaking idiot.

Did NPR also let you know that Bush slobbered in a cup and they also held the cup for him?

What a croc. I heard today that most briefings are printed but more in bullet statement form. If you are not at the meeting, you cannot get details. Bush demanding the meetings sounds a bit more engaged than just "send me the highlights"

#306 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Killing is killing... don't get me wrong... but there's a tad of difference between one guy setting a theater alight, and hundreds upon hundreds of people in multiple countries, protesting, rioting, burning and, in LIbya, using said riots as cover to attack and kill innocent bureaucrats, no?

Every religion, group, class and people has their crazies and extremists... but for some reason muslim groups seem to have no limits on their reaction to something done by one or two people that offended them...

It's cause we keep the bible thumpers away from the main legislative table. It's getting harder and harder though

#307 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Did NPR also let you know that Bush slobbered in a cup and they also held the cup for him?

What a croc. I heard today that most briefings are printed but more in bullet statement form. If you are not at the meeting, you cannot get details. Bush demanding the meetings sounds a bit more engaged than just "send me the highlights"

Bush got all the details and attended all the meetings and 9/11 still happened. What the fug is your point? :D

#308 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Bush got all the details and attended all the meetings and 9/11 still happened. What the fug is your point? :D

what is your point?

No need for Obama to attend the meetings at all because whatever will happen, will happen?

Then why even have them?

#309 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

do you actually have any idea what you're talking about? "send me the highlights?" it's absurd that we're even talking about this, that's the point.

#310 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I heard today that most briefings are printed but more in bullet statement form. If you are not at the meeting, you cannot get details.

The reports can be anything from general overviews to very detailed.

You don't think those briefing the President were actually eyewitnesses to the events do you? Those briefing the intel get their information from the same place the President would, reports.

Interpreting the information is the issue and I'm sure the President can have it any way he likes, verbally or in writing.

#311 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Most of the crap I post here comes from a joy I get in showing the absurdity and hypocrisy of liberals. They hold Bush to a certain standard that they do not hold Obama. Only reason for my post.

Just like the others with John Kerry, Harry Reid, etc saying whatever they want while troops are in harms way even to the point of saying, the war is lost, our troops are raping and killing civilians. Then, when Romney makes a brief statement, the liberals and their friends in the media go ape. " Comments stop at the waters edge" ......for repubs only. Yeah, I just bring stuff up for no reason.

#312 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

The reports can be anything from general overviews to very detailed.

You don't think those briefing the President were actually eyewitnesses to the events do you? Those briefing the intel get their information from the same place the President would, reports.

Interpreting the information is the issue and I'm sure the President can have it any way he likes, verbally or in writing.

Keep propping him up.

#313 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Keep propping him up.

Just speaking from personal experience and you?

#314 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Most of the crap I post here comes from a joy I get in showing the absurdity and hypocrisy of liberals. They hold Bush to a certain standard that they do not hold Obama. Only reason for my post.

Just like the others with John Kerry, Harry Reid, etc saying whatever they want while troops are in harms way even to the point of saying, the war is lost, our troops are raping and killing civilians. Then, when Romney makes a brief statement, the liberals and their friends in the media go ape. " Comments stop at the waters edge" ......for repubs only. Yeah, I just bring stuff up for no reason.

you're hilarious. you jumped in to defend bush and portray him as a victim when I wasn't attacking him. lord amighty... you came in here spewing rhetoric straight from a freaking campaign in the middle of a crisis and now you're trying to say you're just defending against teh evil liberals.

When America is perceived as weak, the world shows its "aarse"

China/Japan now sparring over islands, Russia flexing is muscles, but hey, the Pres will probably be on ESPN with Chris Berman doing his picks for week 2 of the NFL.

I mentioned some months ago that an "overreach" was entirely possible with Obama. If his entire foreign policy resume(killing OBL) is put in the spotlight, look out for some rash action to get back his image.

THIS IS YOUR FIRST POST IN THE F*CKING THREAD YOU ASS. #11. stop f*cking whining when people call you out on your bullshiat.

#315 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

you're hilarious. you jumped in to defend bush and portray him as a victim when I wasn't attacking him. lord amighty... you came in here spewing rhetoric straight from a freaking campaign in the middle of a crisis and now you're trying to say you're just defending against teh evil liberals.

THIS IS YOUR FIRST POST IN THE F*CKING THREAD YOU ASS. #11. stop f*cking whining when people call you out on your bullshiat.

What are you calling out? What whining? You mentioned Bush, I contrasted the two. I also mentioned the hypocrisy of the media and many here.

Obama state dept issues apology because some nut supposedly hurt muslims feelings.

John Kerry tells the world including muslims that our troops are over there raping muslim women.

Guess you don't see the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.