Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#331 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

That article is nothing but an attempt to hide the truth, by providing anecdotal accounts of misinformed protesters and their views. "Look at how wrong these random people on twitter are, with their bad information from conservative bloggers!"

#332 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,199 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

this is not going to end well im afraid. my instincts don't like the trap aspect of this. rope in some of the US military only to just blow them up.

#333 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Was a set up from the get go.

#334 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,335 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

This is what happens when corrupt governments break down after generations of abusing their citizens.

Imagine having to take it up the yazoo your entire life; living in poverty, unable to properly feed and shelter your family on your meager income, living under the boot of a brutal military dictatorship and witnessing a select few reaping all the rewards of your hard labor.

How paranoid and reactionary would you be under those living conditions, knowing that a foreign superpower had played a key role in supporting that type of regime?

I am willing to wager none of us would want to trade our lives with those people in the Middle East right now.

#335 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

http://www.telegraph...ran-strike.html

Fan, meet shiattt

#336 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

So, to review.

Attacks had been planned for a long time, even months to coincide with 9/11. Revenge for killing Al Q guys. Nothing to do with a movie.

We knew not 48 hours, but 72 hours ahead of time that something was up. We did nothing to secure our guys, did not even send them warnings.

Again, Obama wants to shift blame to some obscure, cartoonish movie, which would be able to absolve him of responsibility.
Leadership "not" on display.

http://www.haaretz.c...remium-1.465210

It seems his whole foreign policy is wrapped up in the killing of OBL. That is about it.

#337 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

so, to review: talking points

#338 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

F'ing animals... I don't support war or the killing of innocent people, but I truly hope they find the savages that were dragging the ambassador's body in the streets and torture them to death. Act like an animal, get treated like one.

If the ambassador has children, I'm sure that's how they want to remember him, with these idiots dragging his lifeless body around the streets as a trophy.

I hope Southpark does another episode on mohamed immediately.

wrong

I think o said at his recent presser that they were helping to remove the body and transport it to the hospital. I know..... I don't believe him either.

correct (at first)

Yeah, he looked deceased in that pic to me... and quite frankly, based on that one pic that Husker posted, those guys could have very well just been removing his body, no way to tell. They were not doing anything inappropriate in that particular photo.

right again

http://gawker.com/59...ion-in-benghazi

#339 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,980 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

wrong

correct (at first)

right again

http://gawker.com/59...ion-in-benghazi

Again, I apologized for that initial post as it was made in the immediate moment that I saw the pics and we didn't know what the context was. All I saw was flashbacks of Libyans parading Ghaddafi's body around as they beat him to death.

Even this video seems just as chaotic, but if he translation is true, that is awesome. I know there are good people everywhere and hopefully these guys were... Although I do still question the celebratory outburst once they pulled his body out of the window, it's clear that he is still dead, yet they are screaming "Alive! Alive! God is great!"?

#340 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Pro-America Libyan Demonstrators Wreck Islamist Compound in Benghazi

http://english.alara.../21/239416.html

Hundreds of Libyan protesters forced members of the main Salafist militia out of their base in the second city of Benghazi Friday, setting fire to and wrecking the military compound.
The assault came as an estimated 30,000 people rallied against the influence of the militias in the city, drowning out a protest by radical Salafists angry over a film and cartoons deemed offensive to Islam.
“No to armed formations” and “Yes to the Libya army” read banners raised by protesters gathered at the city’s Tibesti Hotel before marching to Al-Kish Square, close to the barracks of several militia brigades.
“Our law is God’s law, not the law of the jungle,” women chanted.
Banners also paid tribute to U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens, who was killed along with three Americans on September 11 in what the White House now calls a terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi.
“Libya lost a friend” and “We want justice for Stevens,” signs read.

#341 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

animals!!! *puts down burrito* *shakes fist*

#342 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

That's nice to see... Hope it catches on...

#343 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

National security officials told NBC News that the continuing cyber attacks this week that slowed the websites of JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America are being carried out by the government of Iran. One of those sources said the claim by hackers that the attacks were prompted by the online video mocking the Prophet Muhammad is just a cover story.

A group of purported hackers in the Middle East has claimed credit for problems at the websites of both banks, citing the online video mocking the founder of Islam. One security source called that statement "a cover" for the Iranian government's operations.

The attack is described by one source, a former U.S. official familiar with the attacks, as being "significant and ongoing" and looking to cause "functional and significant damage." Also, one source suggested the attacks were in response to U.S. sanctions on Iranian banks.
[...]
A conservative website, FreeBeacon.com, initially reported on the Pentagon analysis, quoting it as saying, "Iran's cyber aggression should be viewed as a component, alongside efforts like support for terrorism, to the larger covert war Tehran is waging against the west." U.S officials did not deny the FreeBeacon report when queried by NBC News.

A financial services industry group, the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center, warned U.S. banks, brokerages and insurers late Wednesday to be on heightened alert for cyber attacks. FS-ISAC also raised its raised the cyber threat level to "high" from "elevated" in an advisory to members, citing "recent credible intelligence regarding the potential" for cyber attacks as its reason for the move.

The former head of cyber-security for the White House testified Thursday that "we were waiting for something like this from Iran." Frank Cilluffo, who served as Special Assistant to the President for Homeland Security under President George W. Bush, is currently an associate vice president at George Washington University and heads the Homeland Security Policy Institute. Cilluffo testified in a previously scheduled appearance before the U.S. House of Representatives' Committee on Homeland Security, saying "the government of Iran and its terrorist proxies are serious concerns in the cyber context. What Iran may lack in capability, it makes up for in intent. They do not need highly sophisticated capabilities - just intent and cash - as there exists an arms bazaar of cyber weapons, allowing Iran to buy or rent the tools they need or seek."

http://openchannel.n...cks-on-us-banks

I call BS.

#344 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,335 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

http://openchannel.n...cks-on-us-banks

I call BS.

This is a classic first step toward the build up to hostilities

#345 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Perhaps egytians should pay attention to things more important than a video.

Egyptian oil shortages

CAIRO/GENEVA, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Egypt's cash-strapped government owes foreign energy producers at least $3 billion, industry sources told Reuters, as cancelled oil import tenders and lengthening queues at petrol stations point to fresh strains on fuel supplies.

Economic turmoil since a popular uprising unseated Hosni Mubarak last year has stretched Egypt's finances and inflated the premiums the state petroleum company pays for fuel.

Egypt's energy funding problems are showing through for now mostly at the pump. It had to cancel a tender to buy crude in July after receiving no bids, and scrapped parts of a gasoline import tender as prices offered were too high, traders said.

If they continue, fuel shortages will make the struggles that the Egyptian economy is going thru due to the revolution worse, and will only exacerbate tensions within the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com