Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
367 replies to this topic

#361 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Bengazi is not open and shut cwg.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#362 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yes I'm sure we will find that Obamanation wanted those people to die to fulfill his Islamic Satanic special purpose but the LIEberal media is giving him a pass WHY CANT WE GET THE TRUTH

#363 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Republicans and their allies have been trying to politicize the attack — which killed four Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya — suggesting, without evidence, the Obama administration may have ignored intelligence that the attack was imminent, didn’t properly secure the Benghazi compound and is now trying to cover it up.

But hidden beneath the GOP campaign is the fact that House Republicans voted to cut nearly $300 million from the U.S. embassy security budget. When asked if he voted to cut the funds this morning on CNN, Chaffetz said, “Absolutely“:

O’BRIEN: Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?

CHAFFETZ: Absolutely. Look, we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have — think about this — 15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, private army there for President Obama in Baghdad.

And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces? When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices how to prioritize this.

http://thinkprogress...bassy-security/

#364 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Pretty sure he was under the influence of evil Obama mind control there

#365 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

I opened this thread thinking that someone might be talking about the Egyptian Constitutional vote.  A forlorn hope I guess.  So I will talk about it. 

I have mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, they might have been taking to much of a big first step towards democracy with their original constitution and election.   If you look at US/European history, the move from absolute monarch to republic style democracy happened over hundreds of years.  Hopefully, they will get to a point in which they can have an election without the military having to step in.  On the other hand, when you have to ban a political party that won the last election, that means a significant portion of the electorate is very unhappy because they won, but got kicked out.  That doesn't bode well for Egypt's future. 

I hope that Egypt will become more of a democracy, but if I were to place a bet, it would be that the new government will not give up power and will eventually become like Mubarak's government. 

#366 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Tea

#367 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Tea

Earl Gray please. 

#368 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:24 AM

Why is every action Middle Eastern countries perform religious, but everything we do over there is political?

Get a good chunk of conservatives where they thinks no one can hear, and they'll admit the one reason we can never go against Israel is that the Jews are God's chosen people and we'd be punished for doing so.

Arab politicians know what every politician in the Deep South does: religion is a cheap, easy way to unite and control the poor, uneducated masses.

I see it that way too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app