Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#31 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Romney's speaking now...so maybe he's watching that?

#32 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

I was thinking you were talking about someone on here... you got a link for Romney's comments? I haven't seen those yet.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/12/13820723-romney-slams-obama-over-attacks-on-us-officials-in-libya-egypt?chromedomain=worldnews&lite

#33 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Most americans do not agree with Dr. Paul. If they did, he might have gotten more than 2-3% of the vote.

And are you actually suggesting that it is wrong to keep embassies in these countries? If so, the founding fathers would disagree with you.

I was focusing on Paul's stance on foreign policy. Most people I discuss foreign policy with, and its a wide section of America, wished wed get out of the middle east. Obama will keep us entangled and Romney could be worse. I'm of the mindset if your in a skirmish, finish it or gtfo. Nothing we can do will change the mindset of Muslims. Their people are fine with being oppressed. Fine by me if that's what their people choose.

I also think its antiquated to keep physical embassies in every country. Technology allows us not to be face to face anymore to accomplish things.

#34 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,376 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

Sounds like Romney should have just shut it on this one... while a situation is going on, it's not the time to be politicking... makes us look weak and divided.

He can have comments on it... wait until next week or something.

#35 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Who the hell uses Libyan nationals for embassy defense?

Have we not learned anything from Afghanistan?

http://www.cbsnews.c...topher-stevens/

The moment our embassy was trashed in Egypt...anti-terrorism Marines should've been dispatched immediately.

#36 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

http://nbcpolitics.n...=worldnews

Consider the source...it's MSDNC/NBC whatever.

Which is more sad...taking time to post a statement regarding Romney's statement BEFORE speaking out against the attacks?

http://2012.talkingp...e.php?ref=fpblg

8 hours later...
http://www.suntimes....r-to-libya.html

First response was to sympathize/apologize for the filmmaker's "cause" of unrest.

#37 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,376 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Consider the source of a quote?

I didn't like it when democrats (Pelosi, etc.) did crap like this when Bush was dealing with crises, I don't like it when republicans do it while Obama is dealing with crises... it's just not right. Let the admin deal with it... make comments later. Neither side should politicize a situation like this, period.

#38 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Consider the source of a quote?

I didn't like it when democrats (Pelosi, etc.) did crap like this when Bush was dealing with crises, I don't like it when republicans do it while Obama is dealing with crises... it's just not right. Let the admin deal with it... make comments later. Neither side should politicize a situation like this, period.

Fair enough, but in politics you never unilaterally disarm.

#39 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Get out entirely or nuke it. Place is a wasteland, and the minority of good there will never overthrow the throngs of the religious retards calling the shots.

Oh, and just to make it clear, I am absolutely convinved this is exactly how the religious right in this country would behave if given the same authoritarian control.

#40 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Get out entirely or nuke it. Place is a wasteland, and the minority of good there will never overthrow the throngs of the religious retards calling the shots.

I 100% agree with this part.

#41 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Administration yesterday

“The United States Embassy in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions”

A sane Romney two years ago

"Burning the Quran is wrong on every level. It puts troops in danger, and it violates a founding principle of our republic."

What changed? How does one go from sane to politically insane in a matter of two years? Desperation? It's no excuse.

#42 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

You can bet your ass that they'll pay for that

#43 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

btw, anyone who criticized Bush in 2006 for doing the same in that time of crisis was a cocksucker as well

http://www.nytimes.c...&pagewanted=all

#44 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Administration yesterday

“The United States Embassy in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions”

A sane Romney two years ago

"Burning the Quran is wrong on every level. It puts troops in danger, and it violates a founding principle of our republic."

What changed? How does one go from sane to politically insane in a matter of two years? Desperation? It's no excuse.

we apologize for someone else hurting your feelings?

what exactly was in this movie?

#45 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

fuging animals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com