Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#91 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

< Proudiddy

ah, my bad.

#92 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

ah, my bad.

No worries. Your Cantrell impersonation is spot on.

#93 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, he looked deceased in that pic to me... and quite frankly, based on that one pic that Husker posted, those guys could have very well just been removing his body, no way to tell. They were not doing anything inappropriate in that particular photo.

idk, made sense to me... and that particular individual was talking about Egypt. Don't know how much different it is in Egypt than Bahrain, never been to either place.

Well, they are both Arab, and both hot. But Bahrain is better off economically than Egypt because it has more jobs and a much lower population density. Maybe that is why they were nicer. I only spent a few days in Egypt, and I know it was very crowded, very poor, and very unsanitary.

#94 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Never said that we did. I said middle east.

Sorry, I assumed since you were posting in this thread you were discussing the same thing we were.

#95 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Posted ImageVaughn Sterling CNN@vplus

CNN BREAKING - THE ATTACKERS IN LIBYA PLANNED THE ASSAULT IN ADVANCE, USED THE PROTESTS AS COVER, U.S. SOURCES TELL CNN12 Sep 12

#96 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Sorry, I assumed since you were posting in this thread you were discussing the same thing we were.

You assumed wrong. Just following the lead of the pro kill non white people crowd.

#97 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

No worries. Your Cantrell impersonation is spot on.

non sequiturs don't pass for arguments.

#98 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Wow. What a surprise.

Nike... Just nuke it.

#99 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,975 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Well, they are both Arab, and both hot. But Bahrain is better off economically than Egypt because it has more jobs and a much lower population density. Maybe that is why they were nicer. I only spent a few days in Egypt, and I know it was very crowded, very poor, and very unsanitary.

Don't really remember why, but I was browsing Google Earth last week and flipped around in Egypt... looks like areas of tightly urbanized (and I use urbanized in the loosest sense possible) areas, surround by either farmland (in the delta) or the nothingness of desert.

#100 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

non sequiturs don't pass for arguments.

I'm not arguing

#101 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Posted ImageVaughn Sterling CNN@vplus

CNN BREAKING - THE ATTACKERS IN LIBYA PLANNED THE ASSAULT IN ADVANCE, USED THE PROTESTS AS COVER, U.S. SOURCES TELL CNN12 Sep 12

If true, thats interesting. And fwiw, I am glad it wasn't just random angry mob. That would be really bad. I wonder if it a Al Qaeda type operation, or some pissed off former Khadafy supporter?

#102 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

If true, thats interesting. And fwiw, I am glad it wasn't just random angry mob. That would be really bad. I wonder if it a Al Qaeda type operation, or some pissed off former Khadafy supporter?

Surely it can't be al Qaeda. We are providing support for them.

#103 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Don't really remember why, but I was browsing Google Earth last week and flipped around in Egypt... looks like areas of tightly urbanized (and I use urbanized in the loosest sense possible) areas, surround by either farmland (in the delta) or the nothingness of desert.

Most of the useable water and land is in the Nile river valley, so the vast majority of the population is crowded around the river/delta. They really need to implement birth control as the Chinese did. Doing so would probably solve most of their economic problems in 50 years or so.

#104 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Sigh...
NBC News

U.S. consular staff were rushed to a safe house after the initial consulate attack on Tuesday, Libyan Deputy Interior Minister Wanis al-Sharif said.

An evacuation plane with U.S. commando units then arrived from the capital, Tripoli, to evacuate them from the house, Sharif said at a briefing for reporters.

Sharif laid some of the responsibility for Stevens' death at the feet of the U.S. government, saying the administration should have removed its staff from the country when news of the film's release broke, Al-Jazeera reported.

"They are to blame simply for not withdrawing their personnel from the premises, despite the fact that there was a similar incident when Abu Yahya al-Libi was killed," he said, referring to the death of the deputy chief of al-Qaeda in a U.S. drone strike in June. "It was necessary that they take precautions. It was their fault that they did not take the necessary precautions."

#105 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Let's think about this.

How did anyone know about a stupid youtube video that none of us...the most wired in country in the world...hear about?

How did the Cairo issue their statement knowing it was a movie that was the cause?

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the statement began.

Was everyone outside chanting "death to youtube movie creator"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com