36 replies to this topic

#1 WolfpackRob

WolfpackRob

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Can we stop with the charade that is Pilares as our kick returner. In the 4th when we were desperate and hoping for a home run, we finally let Adams return a kickoff. Do we not want big plays in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters as well? This is yet another example of poor special teams coaching. In my opinion this is similar to playing Legadoodoo over Lafell last year. What's the point? Let our young talented guys play!

#2 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

Sounds like a decent idea to me. But it may be a bit early to give up on Pilares and put Adams on a pedestal.

#3 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

I couldn't get passed your sig dude...what did you say?

#4 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

He's certainly a more exciting returner than Pilares. I say give him a shot, let him start.

#5 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Agreed. Let him handle KR and PR. He received it like 8 yards deep. Hesitated a moment while he decided whether to take it our or not, and still got to the 21 or 22 yard line.

#6 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Ok, I managed to read some of the stuff.

Um I thought Pilares was a KO return guy and Adams a Punt return guy?

#7 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Can we stop with the charade that is Pilares as our kick returner. In the 4th when we were desperate and hoping for a home run, we finally let Adams return a kickoff. Do we not want big plays in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters as well? This is yet another example of poor special teams coaching. In my opinion this is similar to playing Legadoodoo over Lafell last year. What's the point? Let our young talented guys play!

If the "cost" of a big play chance are that you have to start at the 15 instead of 25 most of the time it is not an obvious choice (unless you are down in the 4th).

I agree it looks like Adams has more home run potential, but the question is how much shorter the returns that does not break will be. (If they are shorter, to few returns to say at the moment).

#8 WolfpackRob

WolfpackRob

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

If the "cost" of a big play chance are that you have to start at the 15 instead of 25 most of the time it is not an obvious choice (unless you are down in the 4th).

I agree it looks like Adams has more home run potential, but the question is how much shorter the returns that does not break will be. (If they are shorter, to few returns to say at the moment).

Pilares is the Armanti Edwards of returns. I need that gif with the brick wall at our 20 yard line.

#9 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

I think Joe Adams will be our kick returner and punt returner so they can let Pilares focus on receiver.

#10 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Pilares had 1 good return last year against the Lions, and it earned him the job for this year despite showing nothing.

#11 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

Adams returns the ball out of the back of the endzone and gets passed the 20.

Pilares returns the ball out of the middle of the enzone and gets tackled at the 15.

#12 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

Pilares didn't even return any kick offs in the game. They were all touchbacks other than the one Adams return in the 4th.

#13 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Less value in KO returns now with all the touchbacks. I would rather have someone smart back there who knows when a kneel down is the right call.

#14 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

I COMPLETELY agree. When Adams came in in the 4th I thought the same. You're gonna put Adams in now?! Obviously they think he's better than Pillares at returns if they put him in when it matters most. I dont understand this loyalty to older guys thing that goes on on this team just like your Legatron example.

We all know that Adams would be an explosive receiver as well if he was given the chance.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

adams needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. the dude is a real threat.

can't really say that about pilares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com