terrorist.

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Panthro is to thread hijacking as to the underwear bomber is to terrorism.

#19 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,324 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Panthro is to thread hijacking as to the underwear bomber is to terrorism.

A patsy?

I think you mean pastey.

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

i think you mean pastry.

#21 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,324 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

i think you mean pastry.

Cupcake

#22 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

crepe

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,562 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

crepe

May as well take this thing in the direction it's already headed...

Posted Image

#24 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

Cupcake

love you too honeybun.

#25 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,155 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

There was a time in this country when the office of the President of the United States was accorded its due respect and decorum, regardless of your politics and personal feelings. You know the old saying, "You don't have to respect the man, but you must respect the office."

During my 20 years in the Navy I served under Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. While I didn't agree with the politics of some of them and flat out didn't like others, I was sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and, in doing so, I carried out my orders without predjudice or preference.

I'm hoping that someday our country's challenges and the differing ideas to overcome those challenges become the primary and overwhelming prerequisite for the Presidential candidates. Over the last 3-4 elections, the attacks on the opposing points of view have become violent, ugly, personal and have drawn a huge line between the political idealogies of the citizens of this country. We no longer discuss the issues among ourselves and most people have little idea what the issues really are because the lies that both parties propagate run rampant and no one is held accountable for them.

There are people on this board who support the candidate of their choice, which is their prerogative, and have no idea what that candidate stands for. Both sides of the aisle- I'm not picking favorites here. There are people here who have no idea what the facts are behind some of the challenges facing our country right now. That may bother me more than anything...but who are we to blame for that when we don't have a reliable source of information that is totally unbiased?

As for me..... I'm going back to my small part of the world I have control over and will cease to espouse my personal political views. I'm going back to my parents taught me- dinner conversations over politics, religion and business never end up with dessert.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Over the last 3-4 elections, the attacks on the opposing points of view have become violent, ugly, personal and have drawn a huge line between the political idealogies of the citizens of this country. We no longer discuss the issues among ourselves and most people have little idea what the issues really are because the lies that both parties propagate run rampant and no one is held accountable for them.

Fwiw, its always been that way. The early elections in the US were as nasty or worse than the current ones are. In fact, in some cases, they ended up shooting each other. The only difference now is that we have a new medium (internet) to discuss politics that allows us more anonymity. We can say things without having to deal with the consequences as much. No duels anymore.

Actually, maybe we should bring back dueling. Maybe if the pundits had to face the possiblity of being shot, they might be more polite. :)

#27 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Now we're all hungry. /end thread

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

To the original topic, I am a Navy veteran, and its actually a easy mistake to make unless one is familiar with ships. But it does seem like they would have went to the USN site to find pictures of Naval Ships.

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,733 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

A designer made this. The pic was the prettiest to go with the rest of the presentation, and the closest he's been to the navy is a Villiage People video

#30 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

A designer made this. The pic was the prettiest to go with the rest of the presentation, and the closest he's been to the navy is a Villiage People video

aka Zod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.