Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Irish to the ACC

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Partial member. 5 non-con games vs acc annually. Gotta think someone else is coming for basketball right?

Can't post link using my phone. Go to accsports.com

Posted

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20163126/notre-dame-to-become-acc-member-in-all-sports-except-football

It's only matter of time until the football program swing over. They have 3 years left on their TV deal...

Posted

In all sports except football. But will play at least 5 football games per year against ACC teams. Wouldn't be surprised to see football come over down the road. Don't see why they wouldn't.

Posted

ND swindles yet another desperate foolhardy conference with no promise of football.

Posted

ND swindles yet another desperate foolhardy conference with no promise of football.

I think when their current tv deal is over they'll join for football. If that's the plan (and I'm sure its already been discussed), the ACC will invite UCONN.

If ND said they have no interest in ever joining for football, we'll see a basketball school added.

Posted

soon there will be 4 power conferences, winner of each will represent in the 4 team playoff.

Posted

Congrats ACC on becoming the Big East II. Thank God ND didnt move to the Big 12. They will demand and demand and not give back to any conference they belong too. Dont count on them becoming full football members they love controlling their football schedule and dont want to give up traditional opponents.

ACC better get a football powerhouse for the final spot or they will start losing members.

Posted

soon there will be 4 power conferences, winner of each will represent in the 4 team playoff.

SEC

Big 12

Big 10

PAC12

Yep sounds right.

Posted

Oh look it's WVU acting butt hurt because the ACC denied them based on the fact they couldn't spell ACC. Go burn a couch.

1 person likes this

Posted

The NHL forum has a thread about a 'Welsh'. Now we just need some local team to sign a Scottish.

Posted

Who gets the 5 games? They can't get Duke over and over.

Posted

Oh look it's WVU acting butt hurt because the ACC denied them based on the fact they couldn't spell ACC. Go burn a couch.

Am I butthurt just a little but mainly because the ACC started all of the conference expansion and took away WVU rival games. Do I think ND is a good move for the ACC not one bit. ND uses conferences for their benefit only. When they do play well in football they get to jump other conference teams and play in conference bowl games without having to face conference teams.

Irish will never join the ACC as a full football member. They have the NBC deal and it will be renewed in 2015. They keep all that money thereselves.

Far as the ACC goes I still see FSU and Clemson leaving. 50 million exit fee isnt that much. Missouri and Texas A&M total exit fee was 100 million. But the buyout fee was only 37 million.

This moved didnt help the ACC one bit as far as football goes. ND was already playing 4 ACC teams this year (including Pitt and Syracuse) So they only need to add one more. ACC is still the 5th best conference in football.

WVU actually will come out better in the Big12. More recruiting grounds and a more national exposure.