Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Irish to the ACC

43 posts in this topic

SEC

Big 12

Big 10

PAC12

Yep sounds right.

Agree on 4 with SEC,PAC and B1G being set.

The last conference whether it be the Big12-2-1+1-1+1 or the ACC will depend solely on where UTx decides it wants to be. If the go Pac or ACC, Big12-2-1+1-1+1 is gone, if they stay in the Big12-2-1+1-1+1 ACC is out imo, even with a Notre Dame in conference.

If UTx comes to the ACC it will be because them and ND will have the lions share of football tv money, Clemson, FSU, VaTech and UNC in tier 2 and everyone else in the lower tier. UTx and ND will NOT be equals in any conference.

The biggest part of this is the 5 football games. The rest is irrelevant. That will allow the ACC to get more football money eventually.

If ND and some other team do come to the ACC, there will be 5 power conferences. And the big 12 will be last on the money list, except for Texas. Clemson and FSU aint going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Congrats ACC on becoming the Big East II. Thank God ND didnt move to the Big 12. They will demand and demand and not give back to any conference they belong too. Dont count on them becoming full football members they love controlling their football schedule and dont want to give up traditional opponents.

ACC better get a football powerhouse for the final spot or they will start losing members.

Nobody is going to leave the ACC with the $50 million exit fee they just voted on. There is a lot of money in top tier college athletics, but $50 is unaffordable for almost any school.

Yeah Squirrel - I thought "karma was fixing to bite the ACC in the ass"

Instead they just bagged the FB program every conference in the country has wanted forever.

This is a big day for the ACC.

Tired of the ACC becoming a northern conference. It used to go just from College Park to Atlanta, with 4 of 8 teams in NC. Now it stretches from Boston to Indiana to Miami. I know these conferences have to chase the money, but it seems like every game used to mean something because it was against a school fairly close by. I could care less about playing BC, Syracuse, Pitt, and Miami, or ND in anything other than football. College football is settling into a bad equilibrium here, with everybody expanding as fast as they can. They need to have a 16 team playoff with 8 guaranteed spots for conference winners, allowing these mega-conferences to break up in to more sensible sizes. Plus, football may be generating revenue, but now we have to pay to send all our non-revenue teams halfway across the country to play conference games? It's ridiculous, and it's bad for college athletics.

this move probably pushes the 14 full members of the acc tv cut closer to the 20 million range. they become the number 1 basketball conference(the only thing most of them they really care about) & also still will get a cut of the football playoff pie. whether you like them or not, the Irish bring a huge national following & still produce stellar ratings for nbc. FSU & Clemson or V.tech will have clearer path to the playoffs as members of the ACC(which is all they care about)

it's a great fit all around. nd is pretty solid in other sports and the acc has it's share of powers in the smaller revenue sports.

if the acc gets one more school it will more than likely be football only. not sure on who though.

Ask the big east how much ND helped them. Also expansion isn't dead Big XII will need to add 2 more.

Love it. Great move for the ACC. I project the tide will turn within a few years, and our football will be right up there with the SEC. I just hope none of our current members go to the SEC in the meantime.

But, for someone who is more knowledgeable than me on the issue... What about the current TV deal ND has with NBC is stopping them from joining the ACC in football as well? Doesn't Texas still have a contract for "The Longhorn Network" and is still a member of the Big 12?

Love it. Great move for the ACC. I project the tide will turn within a few years, and our football will be right up there with the SEC. I just hope none of our current members go to the SEC in the meantime.

But, for someone who is more knowledgeable than me on the issue... What about the current TV deal ND has with NBC is stopping them from joining the ACC in football as well? Doesn't Texas still have a contract for "The Longhorn Network" and is still a member of the Big 12?

texas pretty much runs the big 12, so they get to have the best of both worlds. Notre Dame values being a independent in football& would like to continue doing so as long as possible.