Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iphone 5 has FIVE rows of icons now! (count 'em)

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Only idiots rely on specs only.

The key in Apple's success is their smooth operating system. After owning countless androids with great 'sepcs', 'timed speeds' and so forth I finally got and iPhone 4s and never regretted it one bit. The glitchyness of the android and having to restart it is a pain in the fuging ass. How many times have I had to restart my iphone? Not once. Not a single time, and it is the first phone I have ever owned making it this long without freezing up or clitching out. Limited customizability is a small price to pay for better reliability and a smoother OS, but that in itself is up for debate. The hardware on the android is constantly pushing specs so it has the numbers but cannot make a phone that can actually support it and use it to its fullest. They re all about specs and numbers to sell phones. I am not an apple advocate, I hate their computers but their iphones, ipads and iphones are great.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Pass out of Existence' timestamp='1347585378' post='1898744']
Only idiots rely on specs only.

The key in Apple's success is their smooth operating system. After owning countless androids with great 'sepcs', 'timed speeds' and so forth I finally got and iPhone 4s and never regretted it one bit. The glitchyness of the android and having to restart it is a pain in the fuging ass. How many times have I had to restart my iphone? Not once. Not a single time, and it is the first phone I have ever owned making it this long without freezing up or clitching out. Limited customizability is a small price to pay for better reliability and a smoother OS, but that in itself is up for debate. The hardware on the android is constantly pushing specs so it has the numbers but cannot make a phone that can actually support it and use it to its fullest. They re all about specs and numbers to sell phones. I am not an apple advocate, I hate their computers but their iphones, ipads and iphones are great.
[/quote]

the "ease of use" is definitely the iphone's biggest asset. i do wish it could do more - such as saving non-picture email attachments. speaking of saving files - why does 16GB of storage cost $100 in apple world? only phone without a microsd slot, for that very reason.

Posted · Report post

Part of the reason Apple is worth hundreds of billions is because they make good products... The other part is that they game consumers with accessories and higher cost add ons, like extra storage space on the iPhone...

Posted · Report post

Another "antenna gate" for Apple?

[quote][color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
CNET reported earlier today that the iPhone 5 models for both Verizon and Sprint [url="http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57512635-37/verizon-sprint-iphone-5-cant-do-voice-plus-data-on-4g-lte/"]don't support data-use and voice simultaneously[/url] while on 4G LTE networks -- meaning that if users make a voice call, they'll also need to be on Wi-Fi to pull data inside their apps, including the [url="http://download.cnet.com/mac/browsers/2001-2137_4-0.html"]Safari[/url] Web browser. AT&T apparently doesn't have this same problem.[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
The difference between the devices on the different networks was not mentioned by Apple yesterday during its unveiling of the new iPhone. This is information likely important to those who might be considering which network provider to choose given the addition of 4G LTE.[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
According to Verizon and Sprint, it was [url="http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57512635-37/verizon-sprint-iphone-5-cant-do-voice-plus-data-on-4g-lte/"]Apple's decision[/url] to not support simultaneous voice and data capability on the new smartphone. Other devices -- such as the Galaxy Nexus 4G on Sprint and the Droid Razr M on Verizon -- provide both voice and data at the same time on 4G LTE.[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
So what's going on here? It's the iPhone 5's lack of a third antenna, according to the [url="http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/iphone-5-calls-data/"]New York Times[/url].[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nickzz' timestamp='1347569487' post='1898512']
I have no fuging clue what I'm talking about
[/quote]

Got it, bro.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1347574250' post='1898605']

So it has nothing to do with performance capabilities. You just want an easy to use phone. That's what most people want out of a phone, which is why the iPhone sells so well.

[/quote]
This is very true.

I have one of Windows' newish phones and I actually find them to be every bit as easy or easier than the iPhones. It's truly a great operating system, but they were too late to the game and don't have the marketing team that Apple does, so they sell like poo despite being really great phones.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='YES!YES!YES!' timestamp='1347627620' post='1899059']

I'm a faggot
[/quote]

word

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nickzz' timestamp='1347659963' post='1899611']

word
[/quote]

[img]http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/fabulous.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='googoodan' timestamp='1347571537' post='1898554']
Apples apps are wonderful if you buy the new phone every year. Otherwise the iOS updates leave fewer and fewer updates available for your phone.
Granted, I'm running an old jailbroken 3G with iOS 4.2.1. If you had a 3G, any iOS over 4 is murder, jailbroken or not. The phone is damn near unusable now. Now, do I retrograde and get the speed back, or do I leave it as is and actually be able to use apps?
[/quote]

split the difference, buy a 4s once the 5 comes out.

Posted · Report post

I was in a store with my iphone today...deciding on preordering the lackluster 5 or going all in for a Galaxy 3.

So to all the Galaxy guys who say the iphone does not touch the tech in my Samsung..what tech are you referring to? Call-internet-apps-camera is all I need... Are you creating power point presentations? Solving pi?

Only reason I did not buy the Samsung is I am loaded with apps and music. Most apps I can get on android but not the music.

Other than a Huge screen what is it?

Posted · Report post

Screen is larger and higher res (of course some would argue it's too big, personal opinion)

Tech spec wise, the GS3 processor looks to be faster

GS3 has a micro SD for added storage, 5 doesn't

GS3 has NFC, 5 doesn't

GS3 has DLNA and HDMI out, 5 doesn't

GS3 is wireless charge capable, 5 isn't.

GS3 can do simultaneous voice and 4G on all networks, 5 can only do that on AT&T

In my mind, the GS3 is tech wise the best phone out right now... esp considering that the 5 won't be out for at least another week and even then they'll be tough to get...

Generally however, it doesn't matter... the vast majority of people already prefer either the iPhone or an Android phone...

I heard this morning they are predicting that Apple will sell in excess of 10M iPhone 5's in the first month. That's a lot of damn phones... if they only make $10 profit per phone that's $100M and I suspect they make more than that... a lot more.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mmmbeans' timestamp='1347662414' post='1899629']

split the difference, buy a 4s once the 5 comes out.
[/quote]

This. I think I'm going to get a 4s and play with iOS 6 for a while. I'll probably give my 4 to my son and take the 3G I gave him back and use it as an iPod.