Photo
- - - - -

iphone 5 has FIVE rows of icons now! (count 'em)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm a faggot

word

#32 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

word

Posted Image

#33 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Apples apps are wonderful if you buy the new phone every year. Otherwise the iOS updates leave fewer and fewer updates available for your phone.
Granted, I'm running an old jailbroken 3G with iOS 4.2.1. If you had a 3G, any iOS over 4 is murder, jailbroken or not. The phone is damn near unusable now. Now, do I retrograde and get the speed back, or do I leave it as is and actually be able to use apps?

split the difference, buy a 4s once the 5 comes out.

#34 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,577 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I was in a store with my iphone today...deciding on preordering the lackluster 5 or going all in for a Galaxy 3.

So to all the Galaxy guys who say the iphone does not touch the tech in my Samsung..what tech are you referring to? Call-internet-apps-camera is all I need... Are you creating power point presentations? Solving pi?

Only reason I did not buy the Samsung is I am loaded with apps and music. Most apps I can get on android but not the music.

Other than a Huge screen what is it?

#35 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Screen is larger and higher res (of course some would argue it's too big, personal opinion)

Tech spec wise, the GS3 processor looks to be faster

GS3 has a micro SD for added storage, 5 doesn't

GS3 has NFC, 5 doesn't

GS3 has DLNA and HDMI out, 5 doesn't

GS3 is wireless charge capable, 5 isn't.

GS3 can do simultaneous voice and 4G on all networks, 5 can only do that on AT&T

In my mind, the GS3 is tech wise the best phone out right now... esp considering that the 5 won't be out for at least another week and even then they'll be tough to get...

Generally however, it doesn't matter... the vast majority of people already prefer either the iPhone or an Android phone...

I heard this morning they are predicting that Apple will sell in excess of 10M iPhone 5's in the first month. That's a lot of damn phones... if they only make $10 profit per phone that's $100M and I suspect they make more than that... a lot more.

#36 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

split the difference, buy a 4s once the 5 comes out.

This. I think I'm going to get a 4s and play with iOS 6 for a while. I'll probably give my 4 to my son and take the 3G I gave him back and use it as an iPod.

#37 Stay Puft

Stay Puft

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

Has anyone gotten an iphone 5 yet that has also used a Samsung Galaxy S3? Comparisons? I'm on the fence. I'm leaning towards the iphone 5, but am curious about the SG3. I'm currently using an old 3GS.

#38 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Has anyone gotten an iphone 5 yet that has also used a Samsung Galaxy S3? Comparisons? I'm on the fence. I'm leaning towards the iphone 5, but am curious about the SG3. I'm currently using an old 3GS.

I got to mess around with a 5 quite a bit yesterday. It's exactly what you'd expect. Its 4g is very fast, the OS is simple to use, and the retina display looks gorgeous.

When held up against my phone, the iPhone 5 looks fuging weird. It was a mistake for Apple to simply make it taller. Also did some page requests and app downloads side by side. My GS3 loaded every web page faster or at the same time as the 5. It downloaded Apps far faster. This is just my experience though.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If you want a very simply to use phone and you don't require much "control" over your phone, then the iPhone is the phone for you.

#39 Stay Puft

Stay Puft

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

I got to mess around with a 5 quite a bit yesterday. It's exactly what you'd expect. Its 4g is very fast, the OS is simple to use, and the retina display looks gorgeous.

When held up against my phone, the iPhone 5 looks fuging weird. It was a mistake for Apple to simply make it taller. Also did some page requests and app downloads side by side. My GS3 loaded every web page faster or at the same time as the 5. It downloaded Apps far faster. This is just my experience though.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If you want a very simply to use phone and you don't require much "control" over your phone, then the iPhone is the phone for you.

Thanks. Both phones are appealing to me. I definately like a bigger screen. The Samsung looks really cool, but i'm afraid that I will get tired of carrying that thing around as it looks kind of bulky. I've enjoyed my iphone 3gs so will probably just get an iphone 5. I mostly just surf the web, use email, and listen to music and podcasts.

#40 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

Have you seen the Apple commercial where they show the hand and thumb and why they made it taller and not wider?

Guy I work with got a GS3 Thursday night and I played with it yesterday... Pretty freaking awesome.

#41 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks. Both phones are appealing to me. I definately like a bigger screen. The Samsung looks really cool, but i'm afraid that I will get tired of carrying that thing around as it looks kind of bulky. I've enjoyed my iphone 3gs so will probably just get an iphone 5. I mostly just surf the web, use email, and listen to music and podcasts.

Then the iPhone 5 should definitely fit your needs. It's a good phone.

The GS3 really isn't bulky. It has a larger screen, but it is amazingly thin.

#42 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Have you seen the Apple commercial where they show the hand and thumb and why they made it taller and not wider?

Guy I work with got a GS3 Thursday night and I played with it yesterday... Pretty freaking awesome.

No I haven't. Does it supposedly make it easier to use upright?

I love my GS3. I'm excited to get Jelly Bean on it. It's said to be released for the GS3 in October. Fingers crossed.

#43 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

No I haven't. Does it supposedly make it easier to use upright?

I love my GS3. I'm excited to get Jelly Bean on it. It's said to be released for the GS3 in October. Fingers crossed.

The reasoning is apparently so that you can use it with one hand and your thumb reaches the entire screen. Which makes some sense, but I rarely use my phone in that fashion...

Edit: I just tried it and I can do that with my Rezound and its got a 4.3" "normal" screen.

#44 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

The reasoning is apparently so that you can use it with one hand and your thumb reaches the entire screen. Which makes some sense, but I rarely use my phone in that fashion...

Edit: I just tried it and I can do that with my Rezound and its got a 4.3" "normal" screen.

I just tried with my GS3. I can reach anything I need to reach in that fashion. I typically use my phone sideways and with both hands. Rarely am I one-handing the bitch.

#45 Stay Puft

Stay Puft

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Then the iPhone 5 should definitely fit your needs. It's a good phone.

The GS3 really isn't bulky. It has a larger screen, but it is amazingly thin.

Really, the one thing that I don't like about the iphone is that I have to spend $300 to get 32 gigs of memory, and there is no microSD slot. I don't have an enormous catalog of music, but I fill up a 16 gig phone as soon as I plug it in. It's nice to be able to have everything on the device. I would think that in the near future they would start phasing out the 8 and 16 gig entry models, but I suppose there are lots of people who don't mind the small amount of space.

I wish I could test drive both phones for a week or so before committing, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. How well does the Samsung function with itunes and managing music and podcasts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.