Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a good one

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://nfl.si.com/2012/09/12/break-it-down-why-cam-newton-could-not-solve-tampa-bays-defense/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

on the first play, williams could have gone to the left the same way cam could have.

on the second play, there's daylight in front of williams. all he had to do was run downhill.

Posted · Report post

Now that was a damn good article. I still dont understand what our O gameplan was sunday. Chud you know what NO does and you exploited it last year. Lets do it again, cute out the cute and finess poo.

Posted · Report post

That was one of the better articles I've read about that piss poor game we played offensively on Sunday.

Our coaches aren't morons. I don't expect that to happen again in week 2.

Posted · Report post

Nice find!

Posted · Report post

Man what a good article, god find. Now coaches lets fix this, I dont want to be 0-2......

Posted · Report post

Excellent find. Everyone should read this article(theres plenty of pictures too of what went wrong).

Best unbiased and very imformative breakdown to be found on the web. Thanks for posting.

Posted · Report post

The Panthers’ first play was a zone-read option, meaning that Newton makes the decision whether to hand off to his running back or keep the ball for himself. He gave it to Williams, and the Bucs converged …

coach_clips-1.png

Would this play have turned out better if Newton had held onto the football? Another glimpse at the picture above shows that the backside defensive end was blocked and one of Carolina’s receivers had crashed down to help seal the linebackers — both signs that Newton may have been able to turn the corner to his left.

Instead, he handed off to Williams, who lost four yards.

coach_clips-2.png

Two plays later, with Tampa Bay showing an almost identical look up front, and Carolina flipping Williams now to Newton’s right as opposed to his left — Newton made the same read and handed off to Williams. That play resulted in a three-yard loss.

Felt obligated to add this preview to influence others to go and read the whole thing.

Posted · Report post

on the first play, williams could have gone to the left the same way cam could have.

on the second play, there's daylight in front of williams. all he had to do was run downhill.

Missed in the discussion of the first play is the WR blocking. DWill still could have had a nice run, but Louis Murphy totally whiffed on his block.

Posted · Report post

Proves what I saw and the fact Chud got out coached.

Posted · Report post

I hope we can make up for it...

Posted · Report post

not in the reading mood. :/ maybe later