Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Start Mike Pollak

29 posts in this topic

Posted

And give Hangman a game to redeem himself before you bench him.

Posted

We don't play games to learn, we play games to win. You don't play a guy for the sake of reps if there is a superior player on the bench behind him. Not saying we should even bench Sil, but that's because I don't think anyone on the bench is appreciably better. Arguing to play him for the sake of reps is ridiculous. You play the guys that give you the best chance to win.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not to disagree with the Pollack for Hangartner sentiments (those calling for Silatolu to be benched are retarded), but Peyton Manning is probably the Zen Master of avoiding sacks by his ability to navigate the pocket and get the ball out quick. The Colts o-line was subpar near the end of his tenure and Peyton was still on the low end of sacks taken.

THIS

I can't really by much into the Peyton # as he made a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Maybe he's better than Hangman or not but I won't use those stats as an argument point.

Posted

If he can't get it together with that shitty defensive line of the Saints*...............he needs to retire.

Posted

Hangman was shitty last year, he's just cheap and thats why he's still on the team.......

1 person likes this

Posted

Hangartner was average last year, sucked in preseason, sucked Sunday. Bench his ass now.

Posted

I'd rather Bell replace him and Campbell play RT.

Posted

I certainly hope we can fix our o-line problem. I think that the Bucs just exposed us and every team is going stack the line and blitz through our o-line. I look at Pollak as a pocket protection G and he may not be versitile enough to block for Cam, but we've got to do something. Maybe our o-line coach will come up with a blocking scheme.

Posted

WELL I'LL BE THE FIRST TO EAT CROW AND SAY BELL WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT LOOKED SOLID FOR THE MOST PART. EVEN GROSS GOT BULLIED.

Posted

Not to disagree with the Pollack for Hangartner sentiments (those calling for Silatolu to be benched are retarded), but Peyton Manning is probably the Zen Master of avoiding sacks by his ability to navigate the pocket and get the ball out quick. The Colts o-line was subpar near the end of his tenure and Peyton was still on the low end of sacks taken.

Yeah, but there has to be a pocket in the first place for a QB to navigate it. We had maybe a handful of solid pockets on Sunday. Also, I don't think it retarded to not throw a rookie out of DII, albeit one with amazing potential, into the fire of the NFL right away. I'm not saying that we bench Silatolu for the season, but maybe only use him once we're up by 21 or on obvious passing plays to start.

THIS

I can't really by much into the Peyton # as he made a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Maybe he's better than Hangman or not but I won't use those stats as an argument point.

Cam can make a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Michael Vick can make a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Hell, RG3 can make a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Pocket passers like Brady or Manning need a pocket in the first place in order to pass. I would argue that in their cases, their O-Line makes them look outstanding.

Posted

I certainly hope we can fix our o-line problem. I think that the Bucs just exposed us and every team is going stack the line and blitz through our o-line. I look at Pollak as a pocket protection G and he may not be versitile enough to block for Cam, but we've got to do something. Maybe our o-line coach will come up with a blocking scheme.

Play calling is the easiest fix....

They are a run blocking OL that wasn't asked to run block but instead hold off a pass rush all game as deep routes developed.

nothing wrong with our OL.

Posted

Play calling is the easiest fix....

They are a run blocking OL that wasn't asked to run block but instead hold off a pass rush all game as deep routes developed.

nothing wrong with our OL.

I hope you're right, we'll see how well we do against the Saints*...