Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need some local info/ help

15 posts in this topic

Posted

You got kids coming? You can stay at Great Wolf Lodge for $190 and that gets you two days at thier waterpark (The water park is actually pretty fun for big kids too)!

Posted

You can stay with ME SEXY THING.

Well it depends on a few things. If you plan on being sober I would recommend grabbing a hotel around Concord. Should be plenty there because of the NASCAR track. If I've read this correct Chatham is a little south of Chapel Hill so that would get you back towards home. If you plan on drinking enough to need a cab or walk then I don't have any great advice.

If you are able bodied this is a route I like to take for a cheap parking deck. https://maps.google....ia=1,2&t=m&z=18

From this parking deck you have a half mile walk to the stadium's north gate right through all the tailgating action. However none of this is helpful if you plan to drink.

They will be having the Autofair at Charlotte Motor Speedway which starts the same day as the Giants' game, so I am not sure rooms around the Concord area will be that plentiful. I have been staying for years in the University area. The Drury Inn or Hampton are nice places there. However, it is about an 8 mile drive into town. I used to stay in Uptown until the hotels got way too expensive.

Posted

I am also from out of town. Have you tried Crown Plaza on McDowell St ? It's not in the 'real close' category but is only an 8 block walk from the Huddle tailgate on 3rd St. Also, if you don't care about amenities, there is a Days Inn Charlotte City Center a few blocks up Tryon St. - cheap but clean.

Good luck.

That Days Inn is closed. I stayed there once several years ago. I felt a little uneasy when we stayed there.