• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

http://nfl.si.com/20...wr_a3&eref=sihp

I pretty much agree - abandoned the run and either the coaching staff or Newton himself seemed to consciously avoid having #1 scramble/run the ball. After the first series with the two run stuffs, seemed like Chud's offensive strategy changed to:

Posted Image

#2 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

Eliminate one facet of the offense and a defense can concentrate on limiting the other... Look how Aaron Rodgers looked against the Niners without a running game. Same deal.

#3 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

http://www.carolinah...res-a-good-one/

=)

#4 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Eliminate one facet of the offense and a defense can concentrate on limiting the other... Look how Aaron Rodgers looked against the Niners without a running game. Same deal.

GB had one of the worst rushin attacks when the won the SB in 2010 and when they went 15-1 in 2011. Rodgers isn't sitting back throwing deep balls all game and asking his OL to hold.

he played the best D in football last week....in a week 1 game

You can essentially run while passing. short game.

#5 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

=)

Ah sorry - although in my defense, you could've had a more descriptive thread title =P

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

=)

don't know how he could have missed it. i mean with how descriptive the title was and all.

#7 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thread title is a bit silly isn't it? I mean we all hail Cam as a savior around these parts, but he can't do it by himself...

He threw for over 300 yds... Granted the two pics hurt, and his one option keeper that went for a first down was called back. If that one play stands, I think the outcome of the game would have been much different.

#8 Greg Schiano

Greg Schiano

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

It's alright, Kalil and Newton promised a super bowl this season so it must be true.

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

GB had one of the worst rushin attacks when the won the SB in 2010 and when they went 15-1 in 2011. Rodgers isn't sitting back throwing deep balls all game and asking his OL to hold.

he played the best D in football last week....in a week 1 game

You can essentially run while passing. short game.

I'm fully aware of that... Just as the Eagles did primarily before LeSean McCoy.

But, even Rodgers said himself after the Niners game that the offense wasn't able to function because the run game wasn't a threat. Benson had a similar day to what DWill did.

Even the most dominant passing attacks need the threat of the run to keep a defense honest. We abandoned the run game and allowed their defense to dictate what we did. I have no idea what Chud was thinking, as there are ways to emulate the run without actually running, which we also avoided. He just appeared to go into retard mode.

#10 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

A lot of our option stuff took way to long to develop against TB. They should only run that poo if our oline has been manhandling their dline all game, which wasn't the case against TB, but they kept doing it anyway.

#11 bga71

bga71

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

It's alright, Kalil and Newton promised a super bowl this season so it must be true.

Ok, here's your attention.

#12 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

don't know how he could have missed it. i mean with how descriptive the title was and all.

Lol I'm just messing

#13 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yup this is what I thought about the game and gameplan while I was watching it unfold....I was pretty surprised we panicked so quickly....

#14 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

I wouldn't say he didn't solve them, or that they limited him. He lit them for 300 yards. We just didn't get points. If Chud would have allowed it, Cam would have thrown for 400 yards on them.

#15 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I cant help but wonder...when is exactly a good time to abandon the run? I mean, many are saying we did so, and it hurt us. But seriously how efficient were we running?

Let me refresh some memories: -1 yards in the first half!!

10 yards for the entire game!!

Is it any wonder that we went with a more pass heavy second half considering how the first half went? Where are folks getting the idea that with -1 yards in the first half, it would have been a good idea to continue to try to run the ball? That's like looking at a stock that has steadily been declining in value for months, and saying to yourself.."yeah, I should by that stock because it is a winner"

How about we just admit to ourselves that we were beat by a better team on that day. Are they a better team overall? Personally I dont think so, but on Sunday, they were the better team in nearly every aspect of the game. Rather than try to find something that we did wrong (abandon the run, last years play calls..etc) isnt it more realistic to say that they were just better on that given Sunday?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com