Why Cam Newton could not solve Tampa Bay's defense

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

J Stew still rushed for more yards than Deangelo!! Wait till he is back in a game...

This is where establishing the run, despite the production does come into play. I love Chud but this was like the mentality of the Imfamous Cardinals playoff game after the first awesome drive(1 turnover and it was all passing and 5 ints).

The Bucs keyed in on the run and have speedy explosive linebackers in Lavonte David and Quincy Black. With MCCoy blowing up the middle it was too much. It was edge and A gap heat.

Also, I feel too that the defense can give "false tells" after a season of film on the spread option attack. Since the DE determines (attacking or standing)when the QB keeps and when it is handed off you just give the false tell and overplay the counter.

It seems thats what happened and a college coach knows how to attack that type of offense as Syracuse runs a form of it against Rutgers...if you stop Ron Paulas..you can stop Cam....

Also...I mentioned this before the game when I assumed we would scrap the read option with Stewart hurt since that is his baby....

You know what coach in the NFL is likely the most ready to gameplan that look week 1 this year? Especially attempting it without a RB who can do it? A freaking college coach who has spent the last several years gameplanning for those type offenses almost every week in college.

There are coaches in the NFL that haven't even thought about defending those looks they have been in the NFL so many years.....Schiano saw that stuff every Saturday.

#32 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Cam makes two interception and the world has come to and end. Matthew Stafford, Luck and other media darling QBs do the same and not much is made about it.

Such blantant hypocrisy.But what else is new???

#33 CarolinaFTW

CarolinaFTW

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Watching the condensed version of the game, I also saw one play where Ryan Kalil snapped the ball a bit early and Cam didn't seem ready for it. I think Olsen was split out wide and running a drag route wide open.

#34 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

http://nfl.si.com/20...wr_a3&eref=sihp

I pretty much agree - abandoned the run and either the coaching staff or Newton himself seemed to consciously avoid having #1 scramble/run the ball. After the first series with the two run stuffs, seemed like Chud's offensive strategy changed to:

Posted Image

I miss the Sex Cannon

#35 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,588 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

We lost the game because Chud refused to call any short or intermediate routes almost every play. I'm sorry but he went full retard in that game because if he would have use Olsen more we would have won. The bucs obviously knew we wanted to run and pass deep and they shut both down.

#36 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

I chalk it up to the first game. If Sunday is the same, prepare for a long season.

#37 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

they should of pounded tolbert big arse straight up the damn middle.. and when they bite bounce newton to the outside or hit them with the play action.. they gave up teh run WAYYY to quick and i dont think newton is good enough with his reads yet to play mostly a passing game.

#38 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Chill out folks. We smashed TB twice last season so they were wanting some revenge. Their D looks much improve and it was our first game. ONE FRIGGING GAME.

#39 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Because his offensive line wasn't giving him enough time to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com