Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon

Mike Martz will be calling the game again this weekend

31 posts in this topic

P.G beat me to it. I'm just praying he curses again, that will make the other 59 mins of awful commentary with it.

Prepare for two consecutive weeks of watching football on mute. :(

No one really bothers me anymore....back in the day Jerry Glanville was my nemesis...compared to him all are great...

Lol, Charles Davis and Mike Mayock are my faves, Kenny Albert is one that really annoys me. Aikman is usually insightful but Joe kills it for me, Moose was a guy I couldn't stand and is now someone I look forward to hearing from.

Turn on the radio and hit mute,

Turn on the radio and hit mute,

That works great if you don't mind hearing whats going to happen a few seconds before you see it.

Its like watching the game with precognitive abilities.

Commentators in most American sports are poor with the NHL being the sole exception and that's probably because many of them are Canadians. The NCAA basketball commentators are decent as well.

The problem is too much cronyism. They don't actually look for people with exceptional skills as a commentator, it's mostly former players, coaches, people who have the right image and people who know the right people.

I thought Martz was awesome. I mean he has a terrible voice and can't communicate well.... but he wasn't just full of cliches and nonsense. He actually provided insight. And even though we were sucking balls, listening to him talk about how we should run the ball was so funny since as a OC he would never do that. Maybe watching as a non-coach has really changed him. But honestly, we could of been stuck with worse.