#61 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

...oh and while we're on the subject, RG3 better be able to make throws from the pocket like Cam does... the little bootleg game they were playing on Sunday will only take you so far.

Hopefully the Skins give RG3 the opportunity to develop beyond that, like the Panthers have given Cam, or his 15 mins will be over quickly and it will be another wasted young talent for the impatient Skins

I can see using a bootleg thingy, if you throw the ball down the field. If you are going to dink and dunk, shouldn't you be able to do that from the pocket? The bootleg is to buy time, to outsmart the rush, how much time do you need to throw the ball 5 yards?

But man, that RGandathird was great at those short routes. Tom Brady 2.0.

Way too many things Cam does, that RGtheturd can't. To call them even close to equal is an injustice to Cam.

#62 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

RG3 had a better game than Brees so does that make him a better QB than Brees?

according to RG3 fanatics.....yes

#63 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

All this after 1 game? Full offseason, rookie camps, tc, solid wr depth, veteren hc w coaching staff....if that doesnt account for something then what does?

Cam can juke RG3 out of his socks btw. Im a fan of RG3 but Cam in the open field is poetry in motion.

#64 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,197 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

RG3 had a better game than Brees so does that make him a better QB than Brees?

you forgot that griffin got the win and brees didn't.

rg3>brees

right?

#65 Guest_Creepy_*

Guest_Creepy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

This is a great article, both players are mentioned.

http://www.sportingp...ll-as-we-speak/

Carolina opted to take advantage of Cam's entire skillset, by implementing zone-read concepts into their offense. All of a sudden, Cam Newton was given the freedom to decide the direction of a running play after the snap based on how he saw the defense react. This concept had rarely been seen in modern professional football.One year later, the Washington Redskins traded a king’s ransom in order to secure the rights to Robert Griffin III. And now we see why. Plays like the one described earlier give offenses a greater power to attack defenses than anything else in professional football’s deep history.

#66 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,321 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

I am a realist who doesnt wear homer glasses just cause I have a team I root for. some of you guys think C Newton is the 2nd coming of christ on a football field.

A realist? Really?

After one game against a suspect defense and your handing maturity to him over Cam?

Rash desicions dont make it any more real.

#67 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

If Cam accomplishes what he is here to do, lead the Panthers to post season success, it won't matter which of these guys is "The GOAT".

I'll take QB with a winning record and some championships over "My QB is better than your QB" any day of the week.

#68 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

I beg to differ. RG3 earned player of the week honors which is something no other rookie quarterback has ever done week one. Plus, he won the game. If he continues playing this well he could end up league MVP.

Cam was clear cut rookie of the week last year with 422 yds....never been done before. We cant help the media dispises Cam and didnt award rookie of the week when he deserved it.One main reason RG3 got the award can be contributed to Cam's success last year.

Now after all that RG3 played amazingly well and does deserve the rookie of the week award...no debate there.

#69 Guest_Creepy_*

Guest_Creepy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Cam was clear cut rookie of the week last year with 422 yds....never been done before. We cant help the media dispises Cam and didnt award rookie of the week when he deserved it.One main reason RG3 got the award can be contributed to Cam's success last year.

Now after all that RG3 played amazingly well and does deserve the rookie of the week award...no debate there.

He not only won Rookie of the Week but Player of the Week as well. beating out Vets like Ryan, Romo, Spiller.

I don't recall Cam ever winning Payer of the Week but i may have missed it.

#70 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

lol Ryan, Romo and Spiller. Great competition he had there.

#71 Guest_Creepy_*

Guest_Creepy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

lol Ryan, Romo and Spiller. Great competition he had there.

Too bad Cam wasn't in the running.

#72 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Cam would have won player of the week after Arizona except for one small detail. We didn't win the game.

They aren't going to award POW to a guy in a losing effort.

#73 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Though I get why people are comparing them, they are different types of QBs as pointed out already. Though the media may/may not hype the comparisons, there is no need for us as fans to buy into the lame/simple minded/ratings driving comparisons.

I'm happy Cam is the Panthers QB. Wouldn't want any other QB(yes, including Rodgers), so I really don't care if (X) thinks RG3>Cam despite how fair/dumb that is.

#74 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

My point is the media bias...Cam could throw 501 yds 3 tds no pocks win...and RG3 could throw 500 yds 3 tds no picks and a win......and guess who would get the award.....RG3.... You can bank on that

#75 FalconsFan

FalconsFan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

RG3 is better than Cam in every single way possible. He doesn't mope like a little girl, and he's smarter than Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com