Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Everyone That Said DeAngelo Doesn't Fit..

53 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the game is won at the line of scrimmage. If the O-line wins those battles then Williams will look good as ever, and Cam will have time to read his routes instead of rushing and throwing int's.

Posted

Is there any rb in the.league that.could run when the oline is failing at it's job at blocking, allowing the defense.to be in.our.back field before the.rb.hets the ball?

Posted

Just saw a read option DW run in that video

CRA said DW ran none last year

I stand correct. That was a read option. I will no longer state he never ran one....

He still took it outside the T....which is why Stewart ran the overwhelming majority.

Posted

Too bad we can't out one of you stud athletes out there.

In related news, Chris Johnson will average 0.2 yards per carry this year. Because he sucks. Much like DeAngelo.

Tenn has a new OC....started running CJ different last season. Scheme matters and what you ask a RB. CJ didn't start looking average until they the new OC got there. Listen to Titan fans talk about it.

Ain't just about talent and giving a RB a touch

Posted

The video says more about the offensive line than Deangelo.

RIP run-blocking O-line. 2008-2011

Posted

Fug, I admire your fanism lol

I admire you for admiring

Posted

The video says more about the offensive line than Deangelo.

RIP run-blocking O-line. 2008-2011

I think you can find a thread saying the same thing...in each of those years.

2011- lead rusher 30 yards

2010 - lead rusher 62 yards

2009 - lead rusher 37 yards

We haven't as a team rushed for 100 yards in the last 4 week 1 games

Posted

I am completely flummoxed by people who say that Deangelo doesn't fit, or whatever, because they feel he works better in a combo. That might be a valid point if we didn't have a damn combo backfield. We do though. A very good one.

Was it a mistake to use DWill like we did last week? Absolutely. Does that mean he doesn't fit? Not at all. He fits just fine. Chud just took last Sunday off or something.

Posted

hopefully the o-line shows up sunday like it did in those video clips.

Posted

I blame this on Hurney, he should have let dwill go. That deal will be one of the worst in Panthers history.

Posted

I blame this on Hurney, he should have let dwill go. That deal will be one of the worst in Panthers history.

And when Stewart gets hurt every other week we'd be worrying about drafting another RB instead of fixing the team.

1 person likes this

Posted

He has to do a lot more than "fit" to be worth the ridiculous sums of money we are paying him. Like most of our problems, I blame this one on our front office for putting Deangelo and our Panthers in a position to fail instead of a position to succeed.

shut up