- - - - -

To Everyone That Said DeAngelo Doesn't Fit..

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,895 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

The video says more about the offensive line than Deangelo.

RIP run-blocking O-line. 2008-2011

I think you can find a thread saying the same thing...in each of those years.

2011- lead rusher 30 yards
2010 - lead rusher 62 yards
2009 - lead rusher 37 yards

We haven't as a team rushed for 100 yards in the last 4 week 1 games

#32 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

I am completely flummoxed by people who say that Deangelo doesn't fit, or whatever, because they feel he works better in a combo. That might be a valid point if we didn't have a damn combo backfield. We do though. A very good one.

Was it a mistake to use DWill like we did last week? Absolutely. Does that mean he doesn't fit? Not at all. He fits just fine. Chud just took last Sunday off or something.

#33 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

hopefully the o-line shows up sunday like it did in those video clips.

#34 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,282 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

I blame this on Hurney, he should have let dwill go. That deal will be one of the worst in Panthers history.

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I blame this on Hurney, he should have let dwill go. That deal will be one of the worst in Panthers history.

And when Stewart gets hurt every other week we'd be worrying about drafting another RB instead of fixing the team.

#36 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,860 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

He has to do a lot more than "fit" to be worth the ridiculous sums of money we are paying him. Like most of our problems, I blame this one on our front office for putting Deangelo and our Panthers in a position to fail instead of a position to succeed.

shut up

#37 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,860 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

a deal that kept our best RB in franchise history? you cant be serious..

#38 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

The Read Option wasn't successful because of how Tampa played it. Stewart could've played and it would've been the same results.

It took me watching the game 4 times to finally catch what Tampa was doing.

Tampa never asked their DEs to keep containment on our shotgun plays.

Their DEs crashed down everytime, so the hand off to the running back was never there.

If you look closely you'll notice that the corner back on whatever side Cam would line up on had containment, and would either run blitz right away, Spy Cam, or play the flats, with their first responsibility being Cam.

The very first play is a great example of this, and our WRs couldn't block them, because they would play inside of them.

Also if Cam was lined up on the side of their nickel back, he would take on this assignment instead of the outside CB.

We caught onto this in the 2nd half, which directly resulted in Smittys long catch and Lafells TD pass.

Chud himself killed alot of drives with his play calling, but I promise you the Read Option wasnt one. On every series that our read option run got stuffed, we still ended up getting a first down.

I originally walked away from this game ready to scrap the Read Option, but on 2nd thought, it's amazing how the playaction fake freezes the LBs and how easy it is to pass out of it, which we should've just kept doing.

#39 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,895 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

And when Stewart gets hurt every other week we'd be worrying about drafting another RB instead of fixing the team.

Stewart rarely misses games.....

And if we let Williams go we could of picked up and cheap and good RB with a 3rd round pick putting an emphasis on one who played in a spread offense to compliment Stewart. Plus we have Tolbert.

#40 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,895 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

The Read Option wasn't successful because of how Tampa played it. Stewart could've played and it would've been the same results.

It took me watching the game 4 times to finally catch what Tampa was doing.

Tampa never asked their DEs to keep containment on our shotgun plays.

Their DEs crashed down everytime, so the hand off to the running back was never there.

If you look closely you'll notice that the corner back on whatever side Cam would line up on had containment, and would either run blitz right away, Spy Cam, or play the flats, with their first responsibility being Cam.

The very first play is a great example of this, and our WRs couldn't block them, because they would play inside of them.

Also if Cam was lined up on the side of their nickel back, he would take on this assignment instead of the outside CB.

We caught onto this in the 2nd half, which directly resulted in Smittys long catch and Lafells TD pass.

Chud himself killed alot of drives with his play calling, but I promise you the Read Option wasnt one. On every series that our read option run got stuffed, we still ended up getting a first down.

I originally walked away from this game ready to scrap the Read Option, but on 2nd thought, it's amazing how the playaction fake freezes the LBs and how easy it is to pass out of it, which we should've just kept doing.

Stewart doesnt run his outside the tackle....and no RB is better in th NFL than making the first guy miss.

Pilares and Tolbert each took theirs for positive yardage up the middle. We needed a RB who could take those where DeAngelo doesn't. Only Williams took them outside....only his were stuffed.

Read option aside, Chud was just bad.

#41 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Pilates run was outside the tackles, not inside, and it wasnt a read option anyways. Pilares was getting the ball regardless of the read.

This is what I'm saying that I think you're missing. Tampa's DEs never had to worry about containing Cam because that assignment went to their cornerbacks, so they never played Cam, they always crashed down to play the running back, so if Stew had played he wouldnt have had anything, because the Ends came crashing down.

Cam should've kept the ball and run, but again, if he would have, the Corner would've been right there to make the tackle before Cam had a chance to get going.

Yeah I get that we were trying to get Williams outside, and it would've actually worked, but our WRs couldn't get a hand on the corner who had contain.

#42 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Pilates run was outside the tackles, not inside, and it wasnt a read option anyways. Pilares was getting the ball regardless of the read.

This is what I'm saying that I think you're missing. Tampa's DEs never had to worry about containing Cam because that assignment went to their cornerbacks, so they never played Cam, they always crashed down to play the running back, so if Stew had played he wouldnt have had anything, because the Ends came crashing down.

Cam should've kept the ball and run, but again, if he would have, the Corner would've been right there to make the tackle before Cam had a chance to get going.

Yeah I get that we were trying to get Williams outside, and it would've actually worked, but our WRs couldn't get a hand on the corner who had contain.

#43 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

The Bucs game was all on the playcalling and blocking.

#44 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,282 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

RB's are a dime a dozen, look at how good Poole and Smith looked in preseason. Someone good easily replace Williams.

#45 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

No RB fits when our o-line is playing like sh!t.

Thousand times this. Blocking was not existent Sunday. You just block a little bit and he can take it to the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.