Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I started watching 'Breaking Bad' a couple weeks ago...

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I didn't like that episode at first either, but I think it's a symptom of blowing through the episodes and not realizing the overlying themes in the show. The show can be pretty deep and 'the fly' is one of those episodes that delves into Walt's psyche. Not to mention it was a [url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BottleEpisode"]bottle episode[/url].

Posted · Report post

Yeah I get the whole deeper meanings thing. Just make it entertaining...the Fly episode certainly was anything but that.

Posted · Report post

Just starting watching about three weeks ago (thanks to Netflix), just finished episode 8 of season 5. This is by far one of the best series ever on tv. I hate that this is the last season, only 8 episodes left.

Posted · Report post

No spoilers. BB is just a fantastic show, beginning to end.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='uncpanther' timestamp='1348031394' post='1906677']
Just starting watching about three weeks ago (thanks to Netflix), just finished episode 8 of season 5. This is by far one of the best series ever on tv. I hate that this is the last season, only 8 episodes left.
[/quote]
You got to season 5? Isn't that the current season? I honestly don't know. What I do know is that when I watch Breaking Bad on Netflix it doesn't have season 5 up there. At least not on Xbox...is Season 5 on the computer version of Netflix?

Posted · Report post

I just checked the Netflix site (computer) and it doesn't have Season 5 on there...maybe you mean Season 4?

Posted · Report post

No season 5 is not on netflix, had to download the episodes for season 5.

Posted · Report post

Breaking Bad was my favorite show ever until I started Prison Break like a week ago.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaPride5' timestamp='1348123400' post='1908249']
Breaking Bad was my favorite show ever until I started Prison Break like a week ago.
[/quote]

Do yourself a favor and only watch until season two is over, then DO NOT watch anymore.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1347767111' post='1900410']
It's the greatest show in the history of television.

The fly episode doesn't suck. The fly that's in that episode resembles Walt's guilt for letting Jane die like that, that's why he wants Jesse to kill the fly, it resembles him wanting to get rid of the guilt he feels.

The show just gets better, and better, and better. The ending of Season 5 has fans still waiting at the edge of their seats wanting the last 8 episodes.

We have to wait all the way until next summer though, enjoy being able to get into that show right and have something so great to watch besides football...
[/quote]

I thought the episode had a lot of foreshadowing, it laid grounds as to how Walt and Gus end their fued, Walt being a fly that cannot seem to be killed, and is a general annoyance.

I thought it also showed a lot of paranoia from Walt, worried about things to come from Gus.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cardiackat88' timestamp='1358305266' post='2099047']
Do yourself a favor and only watch until season two is over, then DO NOT watch anymore.
[/quote]

Lol wish I would've known earlier. I watched all the seasons, what a waste! The ending is TRASH man.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaPride5' timestamp='1358362402' post='2099937']

Lol wish I would've known earlier. I watched all the seasons, what a waste! The ending is TRASH man.
[/quote]

Season 1 = brilliant.

Season 3 and beyond = horrible