Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I started watching 'Breaking Bad' a couple weeks ago...

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Season 1 = brilliant.

Season 3 and beyond = horrible

Was season 3 when they got to Panama? Yeah that was hard to watch.

Posted

Yea I don't understand how Fox could have greenlit a series like Prison Break.

Oh wait.

Posted

Was season 3 when they got to Panama? Yeah that was hard to watch.

Yes Sir, very painful to endure.

I saw bits and pieces of one episode in either season 4 or season 5 and T-Bag was wearing a fancy suit and was a big wig for some fancy company, I immediately changed the channel....my God I am glad I stopped watching.

Posted

I watched like the first 4 seasons and loved it, but I stopped watching them for some reason, I should pick back up.

Posted

BB is more addictive than WW's Blue meth! Best show ever imo.

Posted

I still think Breaking Bad is a bit overrated. Yes, it's really good and one of my favorite shows but people build it up and talk about it like it's something incredibly exciting and the best thing they've ever seen. Last year I learned the hard way that you really need to watch the show in chunks instead of weekly because it gets really slow and boring when you watch it weekly. The first half of season 5 really felt like all build up leading to a massive explosion of greatness, but then the season ends before that explosion happens and I was left annoyed.

Posted

that "boring" stuff and build up is exactly why it is the best show on television, not because its balls to the wall action

you just don't appreciate proper development and mature pacing

Posted

Finally started watching Breaking Bad

I have no reason why I held off this long, its really a great show.

Posted

The pacing is well done IMO. I don't care for the long monologues the characters have every few episodes, but otherwise it's great. (yes, I understand the monologues are there to deepen character development - they just seem awkward and out of character)

It's a slow methodical tale of how WW went from an idea to a kingpin. You don't rush that.