Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

17+89=6

Round 3 - Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4)

325 posts in this topic

This will be a tough series, but we've already beaten two teams who were better for most of the season. That isn't saying that this will be any easier though.

I could see the series going either way, but I'll predict the Canes in seven.

This will be a tough series, but we've already beaten two teams who were better for most of the season. That isn't saying that this will be any easier though.

I could see the series going either way, but I'll predict the Canes in seven.

You are exactly right. If we can beat the Devils and the Bruins, we can beat the Pens. But that doesn't mean it's easier. We are entitled to nothing now that we have beaten the number 1 seed. We have to EARN our spot in the Stanley Cup finals.

I am going to a Hurricanes game next year. I would like to go to game three or four of this upcoming series, but something tells me it would not be cheap.

They wont be last series they where selling standing room only in the upperdeck for $150.00.

the only person that has picked us to win so far that i have seen is the NHL writer fonn CNNSI.com...Is this a good thing or bad thing?

That Saturday game is lookin mighty good for tailgating

That would be all I'm doing....cheapest seats are $85 plus fees...looks like a good night to watch from the couch...

Ward > Fleury

And that could go a long way...

Will Eric Staal play up to Sid? That will be a telling factor as well...if Crosby goes to work on the 'Canes it could be a quick series...but something's telling me these Hurricanes are gonna fight hard...but they need to not over pursue Crosby, Malkin and the Pens...but CAN NOT sit back and let them manipulate in the offensive zone...

It's either going to be Pens in 6, or 'Canes in 7...but go get 'em boys!

Let's Go Carolina!!!

the only person that has picked us to win so far that i have seen is the NHL writer fonn CNNSI.com...Is this a good thing or bad thing?

Check out CBS sports they have 3 of 4 picking us to win.

ESPN is a joke, the only person that has any idea about Hockey is Barry Melrose, and he's hardly on there. So, without knowing poo about the sport, they just support the superstars like the Crosby's or the Ovechkin's.

It will be a tough series going to game 6 or 7.the canes will need to play at 110%!If the Canes lose,I will root for the Penguins in the cup.

I think your going to see us rough them up some. The penguins are not known as a physical team. There finesse. The last 2 games we played them we did that and we won. I say Canes in 6

wow, the canes are getting absolutely no respect on ESPN.

Analyst on ESPN said our only chance is Cam Ward playing his best hockey, and even then its a stretch.

Seems they are really pushing for the redwing/penguin final