SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Less left in the 4th than usual IMO.
Sec 133 was on it's feet every 3rd down quietly watching on offense and standing up and screaming like crazy when we were on D. Many high fives amongst the faithful. Most enthusiasm I have ever witnessed in that section, minus playoff games.
The preemptive "Sweet Caroline" was good today too.

#17 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Soo much to like about this game.

First and foremost Godfrey played his ass off today. That pick 6 was a game changer and got the crowd involved in a big way from then on. He also knocked the absolute poo outta Graham in the 4th, sending him to the sideline.

Props to the section on the away side on the 30 yard line...they refused to participate in the wave, but the section by the panthers tunnel was so persistent they got it to go the other direction.

Cam Newton is so awesome for the fans. When we took the lead,his enthusiasm in the end zone jumping up and down and waving his hands and acknowledging the crowd was priceless.

The crowd was awesome today and my section 127 nearly stood up the entire game without 1 complaint.

We truly had homefield advantage today with the D being electrified by the crowd.

I hate the over usage of this word but Thursday Nights atmosphere should be epic.

So nice to see Beason seal the win with the final interception today.

Deangelo still has that home run ability and I am glad we have him regardless of CRA's vendetta against him.

Gamble showed why he was the man again in that pass deflection to force 4th down for the Saints** in the 4th.

By the games end you could tell we totally demoralized the Saints** Defense.

The trick play on the Lafell reverse was a thing of beauty.

Saints** fans behind me were good sports and were genuinely fun to go back and forth with all game.

Met the tight end coach's wife, she was a sweetheart

CRA irrationally hating one of are OWN players ....no...get out

#18 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

CRA irrationally hating one of are OWN players ....no...get out

lol....

Nothing irrational about it. Williams had a good game. Hit his read option hard and up the gut. That works. Today was the first time he has done such under Chud.

I have stated a billion times the current Williams has the talent to lead the NFL in rushing if given the opportunity and in an ideal scheme for him. Love the guy....in his now 18 games under Chud....this system hasn't fit as well for him as Fox one did for example. But if he runs like he did TODAY....we will be fine.

I don't overreact to one game. Good or bad.

#19 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Great read, and happy to add from my experience today:

1) The Statue of Liberty was truly amazing to see in person. Would be SC #1 all week if it went for 6.

2) Halftime tribute (after Chairman of the Board) got a ton of cheers.

3) It looked much easier in person than it did on TV (watched the DVR after). The Panthers were in control from their first score onward.

4) Stadium experience is a notch higher.

5) The Saints* fans behind me were a lot of fun to talk to. They drove down from DC and knew their team inside and out; back 30 years when they started following them. There are indeed a lot of bandwagon fans, but New Orleans does have reasonable fans.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was in 529 today and there is a solid section of Panthers fans thntere. No Saints* fans anywhere near us...

The row I was in probably got up and down more than any row I've ever sat in, but they were all Panthers fans and polite.

Still surprising to me that the majority of people don't show up until 5 minutes left in the first quarter. I wanna watch from the very first kickoff...

Was also surprised at how many fans left with about 4 minutes remaining... Game wasn't over...

I usually average about 2 games a season and this was a great one... I like sitting in the endzone like that and the Panthers were awesome today.

#21 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

trying to decide if it's worth it to scout for scalpers. one ticket is hard to buy

I had to eat a couple of lowers today. Not a buyer to be found.

#22 Its The Milk

Its The Milk

Justice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

I might have been seeing things, but I swore I saw Nakamura Judo Throw a man after a play...anyone else see that?

Edit: Also what is the deal with the Refs not giving Cam the ball after 2 TD's?!

#23 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

I was in 529 today and there is a solid section of Panthers fans thntere. No Saints*** fans anywhere near us...

The row I was in probably got up and down more than any row I've ever sat in, but they were all Panthers fans and polite.

Still surprising to me that the majority of people don't show up until 5 minutes left in the first quarter. I wanna watch from the very first kickoff...

Was also surprised at how many fans left with about 4 minutes remaining... Game wasn't over...

I usually average about 2 games a season and this was a great one... I like sitting in the endzone like that and the Panthers were awesome today.

It was jam packed outside. I was right on Mint St. at 12:00, but it took almost an hour and a half to park and get through the ticket line. I watched most of the first quarter about 50 feet from the gate. There had to be at least 1,000 people bunched together trying to get in line at the north gate.

I might have been seeing things, but I swore I saw Nakamura Judo Throw a man after a play...anyone else see that?

Edit: Also what is the deal with the Refs not giving Cam the ball after 2 TD's?!

Yes I did see that. I've been waiting on the judo to come out of him in the game. I got home and watched him do that over and over. Getting a #43 jersey.

#24 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

It was jam packed outside. I was right on Mint St. at 12:00, but it took almost an hour and a half to park and get through the ticket line. I watched most of the first quarter about 50 feet from the gate. There had to be at least 1,000 people bunched together trying to get in line at the north gate.

Yeah, we did arrive pretty early, I'll give you that... but I did it on purpose. We were downtown and parked by 11 in one of the $10 lots off of S Tryon... walked to the stadium, went in the team store, ate lunch and were in our seats by 12:40... I'd say 1/4 of the seats were full when we sat down, and probably 1/2 by kickoff... the stadium was mostly full by 5 minutes left in the first quarter...

When we go, I never drive anywhere near the stadium... I've found it's better to park a bit off (plus it's cheaper) and walk in, it's faster.

It bugs the poo out of me to miss even the first kickoff... I'm like that at home too... so I always try and be early to make absolutely sure I don't miss anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com