Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Tom Coughlin has harsh words for Greg Schiano

53 posts in this topic

I can't tell you how many times we've been losing with the other team in victory formation and I wished we would jump the snap and force a fumble.

Pretty much my thoughts. Don't have a problem with TB doing it and wish we'd do it too. If you're down one possession and there's time on the clock, no reason to stand around and scratch your butt and concede defeat. The chances of recovering a fumble are probably 0.00001% (although I've seen it work on both the high school and college level) but that's better than the 0% if you just stand up and walk over to start shaking hands.

The media is making out to seem like the Bucs struck Eli Manning, hit him, or tackled him. Eli fell, he wasn't hit by a Bucs player. The objective was to jar the ball lose on the kneel down. I think it was Troy State that did it in recent history. College football jokes aside, if there is a chance to put pressure on the center to cause a fumbled snap, you take it. You play to the end of the game.

1 person likes this

I've often wondered why it doesn't happen more often to be honest but I agree with the whole two score thing too.

If the ball came out and the Bucs recovered, it would've been called the smartest play of the year.

1 person likes this

It's not about whether or not it's within the rules or it's a good way to approach it. It's about hitting a guy who is not expecting it. The Giants line wasn't ready for the bucs defenders to come after them as its become an unwritten rule that the D doesn't hit when the O is going to take a knee.

Next week the bucs opponent will be ready for them to act like dipshits and it won't be an issue.

This week it was a cheap ass sucker punch bitch move.

we have a new douche cheap shot taking head coach in the NFCS.

Can you imagine the backlash if Coughlin had called a hail mary on the final play? Don't give me this "play to the end of the game" poo. Schiano was pissed he gave up 510 and a huge lead. Play defense when it matters.

I am going with the option that both are right. The Bucs can do this if they want so long as we dont hear a bunch of whining when one of the oline guys managers to land a cheap fall on a leg and put someone out for the season. The Gaints are right in that the bucs are bad sports for doing this and its great there were no injuries. But it will hurt TB in the long run as other teams now have this marked down as a far play for TB.

It's not about whether or not it's within the rules or it's a good way to approach it. It's about hitting a guy who is not expecting it. The Giants line wasn't ready for the bucs defenders to come after them as its become an unwritten rule that the D doesn't hit when the O is going to take a knee.

Next week the bucs opponent will be ready for them to act like dipshits and it won't be an issue.

This week it was a cheap ass sucker punch bitch move.

So its the Bucs fault the Giants weren't ready? This sounds very similar to one of the reasons why society has gone down hill. It's the other person's fault for why you didn't get something or weren't ready.

Too many fans are pussies.

1 person likes this

The next team won't be kneeling - the offense will fire out and some DB will get his world rocked by a FB lead blocking for a QB slide...lol

So its the Bucs fault the Giants weren't ready? This sounds very similar to one of the reasons why society has gone down hill. It's the other person's fault for why you didn't get something or weren't ready.

Too many fans are pussies.

What's this got to do with society, it's a game for entertainment.

So then where's the line drawn then?

By your logic and line of reasoning the actions of teams such as the saints are all gravy. Such as going for players ankles and knees, and trying to stomp on our QB's head and arms while his helmet is off.

Sounds great!

You play until the game is over. The Giants were sandbagging on the last play, that's why their QB ate dirt. I get tired of the limp bodies flopping around for the victory formation. The Bucs smelled blood and they went for it. Too bad Eli didn't lose the ball.