Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Tom Coughlin has harsh words for Greg Schiano

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#46 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

There is an understanding amongst teams that as long as you don't attempt to advance the ball we won't attack your guys. It's an unwritten rule, a gentlemens agreement between coaches.

To betray that without warning is the act of bitch.

Not disagreeing with you on this because I see both sides of the argument but what I found it humorous that Dan Marino had similar thoughts on the incident of what you said here but is it really much different than this?

Marino made it clear he was spiking the ball, the defense let up and he took advantage. What if the defense had tried to blast through the line and he really was going to spike the ball? Surely people could have gotten hurt.

#47 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Not disagreeing with you on this because I see both sides of the argument but what I found it humorous that Dan Marino had similar thoughts on the incident of what you said here but is it really much different than this?

Marino made it clear he was spiking the ball, the defense let up and he took advantage. What if the defense had tried to blast through the line and he really was going to spike the ball? Surely people could have gotten hurt.

A spike is different than a kneel.

#48 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Tom Jackson had a very good perspective on this last night saying that how can he say his team finishes every game when they were taking a knee with two minutes on the clock vs Carolina, isn't that quitting?

Wow, that's a terrible argument from Tom Jackson.

#49 Longbeachisland

Longbeachisland

Elisha Manning

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

It was frustration by Schiano. If he plays til the end, how come they didn't use that last timeout and then do it again? That would have been playing until the end.

#50 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

has anyone checked to see if he really did this at rutgers and caused fumbles like he said?

#51 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...o-does-it-again

Hah, he did it again. Romo looked like he was having flashbacks of the Seahawks playoff fiasco for a moment there.

#52 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

has anyone checked to see if he really did this at rutgers and caused fumbles like he said?

On TV they said it had worked several times. Don't remember the numbers. I think that crap will end up backfiring on him in the NFL.

#53 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I haven't seen anyone do it in college football let alone the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000064760/Schiano-does-it-again

Hah, he did it again. Romo looked like he was having flashbacks of the Seahawks playoff fiasco for a moment there.

Seriously? It must have happened right after I changed the channel. Link didn't work.