Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The world as we know it is about to change...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Religious extremism is growing more volatile by the day. The Jews and Christians hate the Muslims. The Christians and Muslims hate everyone who isn't religious. It won't be long before violence in the name of "God" spreads to US soil in a more violent way than it has already.

The seeming economic upturn is a farce. Stock market figures are meaningless numbers in a digital facade. The dollar is sinking fast, while our debt grows exponentially.

US citizens are being divided by a meaningless political race in which both candidates are one and the same. We have no real rights to anything other than what we are allowed, and even those can be taken away without any real notice or reason.

The impact of humans on the world we live in gets worse every day. We are overpopulated. Our impact on our surroundings, both in consumption of natural resources and impact on other species, is approaching a point of no return.

I've long been a believer that humanity and the planet can be salvaged but, to be honest, I don't really see the point anymore.

The only thing that will save the human population is drastic, sweeping change on a worldly level. I don't know how to even tell you how it should or can happen, but all I know is that it has to if any of us want to exist many more days.

The best advice I can continue to offer is to always be aware of your surroundings... Be prepared for anything... Love one another... and live each day like it might be your last...

Sorry to sound like a doomsayer, but things going on in the world right now have a lot of my alarm bells sounding...

#2 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,826 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

It has begun...

#3 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

While bad overall, there have been far worse times in human history. About 70 years ago the world was at war. Germany was close to taking over all of Europe. Nukes would be used. A real depression was coming. Just perspective. All of WW2 lasted 6 years. Around 70 million died in that span.

The US has just forgotten how to finish anything.

#4 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,826 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

The battle of good vs evil is about to have their final showdown...and i still have my bets on the good guys coming out on top B)

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,465 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

The battle of good vs evil is about to have their final showdown...and i still have my bets on the good guys coming out on top B)

In religious wars, the only "good" side are the ones rolling their eyes from the sidelines.

#6 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

I don't doubt that much of what you have mentioned threatens the world as we know it.

However, short of waking up to a nuclear winter or an asteroid falling on their heads, most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to worry about it.

They are more concerned about getting some time off to get drunk, laid or catch the game. If they are lucky, maybe all three.

The world was here long before mankind, the way we are behaving as a species, it will be here long after we're gone.

My recommendation to you, listen to Mae West.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ― Mae West

#7 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Az, I get all of your concerns except the religious portion. I don't see that happening. There are fringe groups of every religion and those are the ones to be concerned about. But, to lump everyone in one group and say all "_____s hate everyone who isn't _____," is wrong. As a Christian, I don't hate anyone and I have love for everyone in some facet... I also can't speak for everyone else, but I think the real problem is that mass media and other sources such as politics look to make religion another reason to cause division, and they're doing a good job of it.

That is what I think is key here. As you mentioned with the election... It's all a big game to get people riled up and hating each other for no reason.

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

The world changes constantly, and yet overall, things go along as they always have.

That being said, I do think we might be in for some tumultous times over the next 100 years or so. The world is getting more and more crowded, its getting hotter, and we going to be battling over dwindling oil and perhaps water resources. No telling what might happen. Sadly, I fully expect to see nuclear weapons used in a conflict somewhere in the world over the next century. I just hope its on a limited scale.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

However, short of waking up to a nuclear winter or an asteroid falling on their heads, most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to worry about it.

They are more concerned about getting some time off to get drunk, laid or catch the game. If they are lucky, maybe all three.

I wish more people were like this. :)

#10 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Az, I get all of your concerns except the religious portion. I don't see that happening. There are fringe groups of every religion and those are the ones to be concerned about. But, to lump everyone in one group and say all "_____s hate everyone who isn't _____," is wrong. As a Christian, I don't hate anyone and I have love for everyone in some facet... I also can't speak for everyone else, but I think the real problem is that mass media and other sources such as politics look to make religion another reason to cause division, and they're doing a good job of it.

That is what I think is key here. As you mentioned with the election... It's all a big game to get people riled up and hating each other for no reason.

Really what I meant about the religious stuff is that those who do project hate are the ones that matter. I know there are good religious people, despite their willingness to submit to a faith based belief.

But you have religion influencing people who don't partake. Be it legislation or whatever, it plays a dominant role in the world's society and political stage. And, lately, it is spiraling out of control.

#11 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

I don't doubt that much of what you have mentioned threatens the world as we know it.

The world was here long before mankind, the way we are behaving as a species, it will be here long after we're gone.

My recommendation to you, listen to Mae West.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ― Mae West

I agree, but those people you are talking about (myself included when it comes to crap like the Panthers) are going to have to be awakened, one way or another. That is what I think is coming... Sooner, rather than later... and when the "norm" is upset., people are going to panic and overreact...

#12 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

The world changes constantly, and yet overall, things go along as they always have.

That being said, I do think we might be in for some tumultous times over the next 100 years or so. The world is getting more and more crowded, its getting hotter, and we going to be battling over dwindling oil and perhaps water resources. No telling what might happen. Sadly, I fully expect to see nuclear weapons used in a conflict somewhere in the world over the next century. I just hope its on a limited scale.

I think we'll see worse outcomes on a biological level, as opposed to nuclear.

#13 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

In religious wars, the only "good" side are the ones rolling their eyes from the sidelines.

I think venom was relating his point to "good" people versus "bad" people... More likely the plebs vs. the ruling class type thing... Not really on a religious front, but that will be a part of it.

I hate to speak for him, but I think he was talking on a broader scale... I was, in my OP, anyways...

Religion is a part of the problem and, at current, it is still a tool used to manipulate and control the masses.

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I think we'll see worse outcomes on a biological level, as opposed to nuclear.

Its likely that the two will go hand in hand. Biological weapons might be used in concert, or Nukes might bring on biological consequeces, such as the spread of disease when sanitation systems are damaged or destroyed.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

I think venom was relating his point to "good" people versus "bad" people... More likely the plebs vs. the ruling class type thing... Not really on a religious front, but that will be a part of it.

I hate to speak for him, but I think he was talking on a broader scale... I was, in my OP, anyways...

Religion is a part of the problem and, at current, it is still a tool used to manipulate and control the masses.

Religion is a tool sometimes, and yet brutal manipulative dictators haven't had much of a problem finding other tools when religion couldn't be used. In the last 100 years or so, politics or political systems have largely supplanted religion as a means of manipulation. Just look at a list of the most brutal dictators of the last 100 years. Very few of them are religious in nature. Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao all used political systems as a tool to enforce their beliefs/will. Religious extremism is not the problem, it is a symptom of the problem. The problem being that there are a lot of people that can be manipulated, and a few people who are good at manipulating them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.