Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The world as we know it is about to change...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

In religious wars, the only "good" side are the ones rolling their eyes from the sidelines.

A battle of good vs. evil doesnt necessarily make it a religious war...although there are some religious undertones to all that is going on right now...but most of that is being used as a means for manipulation by the global controllers.

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

In religious wars, the only "good" side are the ones rolling their eyes from the sidelines.

Maybe you are being tongue in cheek, but I don't agree. Certainly when one side is trying to enforce its religion on another side, the side being imposed upon might be considered the "good" side. And that is the way most religious wars in history have played out. In reality though, relatively few wars were religious in nature. The vast majority of them are based on concepts that transcend religious affiliation, ie greed and lust for power.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

My grandmother at the end of her life thought the world was close to ending. All she heard on the news was stories of famine, natural disasters, and human suffering.

It was nothing new though she just heard about a tidal wave in Bangladesh where in 1925 she might not have.

#19 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Maybe you are being tongue in cheek, but I don't agree. Certainly when one side is trying to enforce its religion on another side, the side being imposed upon might be considered the "good" side. And that is the way most religious wars in history have played out. In reality though, relatively few wars were religious in nature. The vast majority of them are based on concepts that transcend religious affiliation, ie greed and lust for power.

I mean war between religions, ie the "christians vs. muslims" that the OP set up. I don't mean religion vs. regular people.

If you feel like killing someone for your religion, try this approach.

Posted Image

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

look at some of the songs of the late 60's and early 70's. the "end" was always nigh then. guess what? humans have always been a senseless brood.
take away all religion tomorrow and there will still be blood. remove all but one race. still, there will be blood. remove anything you can think of but as long as you have those complicatedly flawed humans. those miraculous paradoxes that live and breathe will never be full understood.

so give the Nietzsche vibe a little bit of break and appreciate each nano second you get to live. don't like what you see then go and do something about it. serve in your community or run for an office and do something instead of posting about it.

we all have our frustrations. im with ya. but we have to transcend the muck and the mire and make what we see better.

#21 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

I'm fuging ready

#22 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Set all the religious stuff aside for a moment and think of the phrase, " Money makes the world go round." There is nothing wrong with organized religions as long as they speak to unifying message. Such as love, peace, charity, and so on. The problem is when world elitist conspire to use these faiths against one another. Point being that if someone has convinced you to strap a bomb to your chest in the name of god. You are being used. And you are willing because you believe. But the true issue the world faces that will change the world as we know it, is qe3. We are the world exchange currency. This will be worse than any depression and it will open a flood gate for all sorts of chaos. So, I do believe we are headed for a drastic change but it's not the one we expect. This is all a deversion for the real war. The one being fought on the rolls. Not that I am dismissing any holy war threats. But who's gonna fund em', when money becomes worthless?