• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yeah Panther fans have a problem with making too much noise when the offense has the ball. But the Bears, with one of the oldest and most established fan bases in existence, also have the same problem. Fans in general are pretty dumb.

#32 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Coaching - A.

Nice recovery from a bad game plan that was taken out of their control last week. Our second half adjustment with Anderson lining up of Graham not giving him an easy release and we got great pressure with the front 4. This is a game we can build upon.

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,724 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

Easy.. I was there. I wasn't stating they know how to fill their stadium, I was saying they know how to act when their team is on the field. Sorry if I didn't clarify that better. It wasn't half empty either... it was about 3/4 filled, which still sucks, but not half.

They were quiet on the Bucs offensive plays, and extremely loud on defensive plays. That was the only thing I was saying they did better than us, because I've been to both places, and BofA is loud no matter which side of the ball we're on. Like Zod said, it can be a hinderence to our guys.

Yeah the wave on offense is one of my pet peeves. Then again all the Panthers would have to do is use the sign banner running along the stadium between the first and second level and say quiet on offense or get loud when we are on defense. If you want our fans to be educated then teach them how to act. Fans aren't born knowing the rules. Most other venues tell the fans when to get quiet and when to get loud. Bobcats and the Checkers surely do. Blame the Panthers for part of that too.

#34 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah the wave on offense is one of my pet peeves. Then again all the Panthers would have to do is use the sign banner running along the stadium between the first and second level and say quiet on offense or get loud when we are on defense. If you want our fans to be educated then teach them how to act. Fans aren't born knowing the rules. Most other venues tell the fans when to get quiet and when to get loud. Bobcats and the Checkers surely do. Blame the Panthers for part of that too.

Completely agree. It's not just the fans' fault on this... they did a good job of "coaching" the crowd at Ray-Jay. I'd like to see BofA have some sort of sign going for when to be quiet on offense, and when to blast the decibel meters to hell and back on defense. Would make for more of a community experience for everyone.

#35 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I hate Steelers fans and Ben but their stadium does have a thing that goes up on the Jumbo tron saying "Quiet Ben at Work" while on offense. Maybe the panthers could have something like that.

#36 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

just a couple comments... I don't understand why after almost 20 years of NFL in Charlotte, the fans don't understand that when the offense is on the field, it should be quiet.
Next... I don't understand how some rain could keep a REAL fan from going to the stadium....

#37 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

I happen to agree with the grades and will also state this was likely the most complete game the Panthers have put together against a quality opponent since drafting Cam Newton.

However, after so many years of attending Panther games at Ericsson and BOA Stadium, I will also unequivocally state that the vast majority of football fans attending said games have no friggin' clue how to behave/react/cheer/root for the home team. It is a pathetic, embarrassing and amateurish display of game ignorance that is likely unparalleled in the league. Help us all if someone decides to do a sports piece in USA Today or some similar media outlet about the dumbest fans in the NFL, because Carolina would be very close to the top.

#38 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

to all those people wondering how we were going to stop jimmy graham....there you go.

I am sorry but I failed to see us stopping him

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com