• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

A win at home as the nation watched on against the Super Bowl champs.... HUGE. I think we could look back on it one day and remember that as the game that we turned the corner

#2 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

too bad the nation wont be watching nfl network

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,584 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Y'all get yourselves so worked up, it's a wonder there aren't more suicides after losses.

#4 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

Saw it mentioned in another thread and I agree

#5 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

I wouldn't quite go that far. It's not the NFC championship game at home or the super bowl. It would be a nice momentum building win. In my opinion it's really a must win because it's going to be even more difficult to win at Atlanta in week 4. Lose Thursday and 1-3 is realistic.

#6 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

I think a win @ atlanta is not a longshot...I feel the Giants have some holes that we can expose....I really think this team has the juice to make a run under the radar....

#7 bbell21

bbell21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

It is a nationinally televised game minus all Time Warner Cable subscribers! LOL However I do agree this could be a chance for us to make a major statement to the rest of the league, and do what the bucs coulden't and finish off the G-men. Lets also not forget this is Cam's first real prime time game. all the others have been pre season contest. None the less can't wait for this game!

#8 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Y'all get yourselves so worked up, it's a wonder there aren't more suicides after losses.

yeah, electro took the 2009 season and the demise of jake delhomme pretty hard tbh

#9 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,686 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Franchise turning point? no way, Maybe a season turning point but I'm not even going to say that.

@ggivensii If we beat the Giants, we won't be under the radar anymore.

#10 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

I know this win would be awesome, but a win against ATL, IN the ATL would be a huge statment.

#11 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Beating SB champs will def have the team believe Kalil's superbowl guarentee even more :-)

#12 bbell21

bbell21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

While a division win would be better in the Standings this is the type of game that could let the league know that we have arrived. Similar to the Lions Win against the Bears last year in Week 5 on MNF. This game is huge for a few reasons: It's against the defending Superbowl champs and it's in prime time, a chance to show to the country just how pumped we are for football again in the Carolinas.

#13 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

I remember a nationally televised game on a Monday night back in 2008. I remember us destroying Tampa'sBay and Monte Kiffin's "Tampa two" defense. I remember thinking it was a turning point. It was, but in the end that was the gateway game to us getting the number 1 draft pick. "

So in a way I guess it was a franchise turning point. :mellow:

#14 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

I don't care about sticking points of which game (NY, Atl) are bigger. Heck they're all big. And I want the next two wins. It would put us in the drivers seat. Now that New Orleans has been captured by our boys we can fug anyone in the NFC up. We have Cam Newton. The time is now. The future is now. If its on the schedule, win it. I want to be 3-1 and rock out with our **** out

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

It's going to be a huge game this year for us. But it's not going to be a franchise turning game. Winning the Super Bowl is a franchise turning game.

If we pull this off this and next week vs the Failcons, Panthers Nation is gonna be crazy more than ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com