#1 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I haven't seen this posted yet and found it interesting. The article reads as follows:

We probably didn’t need the NFL to tell us this because it was pretty obvious.

But the league just made it official that the New Orleans Saints have the league’s worst defense. The NFL just put out its release ranking offense and defense through Sunday’s games and the picture isn’t pretty for the Saints.

They’re No. 32 in overall defense. They’re No. 32 against the run and they’re tied for No. 26 against the pass.

And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are right behind them. The Bucs are No. 31 overall. They’re No. 32 against the pass and No. 3 against the run.

The Atlanta Falcons play Monday night, so their ranking is based only on what they did in the season opener against Kansas City. The Falcons are ranked No. 22 overall (No. 29 against the run and No. 18 against the pass).

Barely, Carolina has the only NFC South defense in the top 20. The Panthers are No. 19 overall (No. 27 against the run and No. 13 against the pass).

Offensively, the NFC South teams rank much better, with three in the top 10.

The Saints are No. 3 overall (tied for third in passing and No. 19 in rushing). The Panthers are No. 8 overall (tied for No. 11 in rushing and No. 8 in passing). The Falcons are No. 10 overall (25th in rushing and fifth in passing).

Tampa Bay is No. 29 in total offense. The Bucs are No. 29 in passing and tied for 15th in rushing.

For those that need/want a link: http://espn.go.com/b...s-worst-defense

#2 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

let's keep climbing up the lists!

#3 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,420 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Dammit, why did we have to lose to Tampa! Good to see our early top-10 offense though, and hopefully the defense will get better each week, specifically the pass rush.

#4 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,683 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

If the Bucs are 29th and 31st, how the fug did we lose to them!?!

#5 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

If the Bucs are 29th and 31st, how the fug did we lose to them!?!

Bad game plan...

I think we will crush them in Charlotte.

#6 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,683 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hilarious how the Bucs are #3 against the run, basically because we stopped running and had only 10 yards. A shining example of how dumb it is to keeps stats with a sample set of 2.

#7 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

2 games after the start of the season we had 900 yards passing or thereabouts. I don't think we can start looking at rankings until we have a respectable sample size first.

#8 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

All that offense even with the 10 rushing yards we had last week

#9 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

I haven't seen this posted yet and found it interesting. The article reads as follows:

We probably didn’t need the NFL to tell us this because it was pretty obvious.

But the league just made it official that the New Orleans Saints have the league’s worst defense. The NFL just put out its release ranking offense and defense through Sunday’s games and the picture isn’t pretty for the Saints.

They’re No. 32 in overall defense. They’re No. 32 against the run and they’re tied for No. 26 against the pass.

And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are right behind them. The Bucs are No. 31 overall. They’re No. 32 against the pass and No. 3 against the run.

The Atlanta Falcons play Monday night, so their ranking is based only on what they did in the season opener against Kansas City. The Falcons are ranked No. 22 overall (No. 29 against the run and No. 18 against the pass).

Barely, Carolina has the only NFC South defense in the top 20. The Panthers are No. 19 overall (No. 27 against the run and No. 13 against the pass).

Offensively, the NFC South teams rank much better, with three in the top 10.

The Saints are No. 3 overall (tied for third in passing and No. 19 in rushing). The Panthers are No. 8 overall (tied for No. 11 in rushing and No. 8 in passing). The Falcons are No. 10 overall (25th in rushing and fifth in passing).

Tampa Bay is No. 29 in total offense. The Bucs are No. 29 in passing and tied for 15th in rushing.

For those that need/want a link: http://espn.go.com/b...s-worst-defense

Plz use quote button next time when copy pasting from another site. I'm 99% sure its against the rules.

#10 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Plz use quote button next time when copy pasting from another site. I'm 99% sure its against the rules.

Thanks for the insight, I wasn't aware of my rule violation, but much to my defense, I didn't hide the fact that it was a copy and paste and even gave the website from which it came. Again, thanks, I will keep that in the back of my mind on future threads and posts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com