Photo
- - - - -

What position do we take in the first round?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yeah I get that but like I said, we have much bigger issues. I am definitely more concerned with our secondary than our line. Ron Edwards is signed for another year or 2 and I'm sure Dwan isn't going anywhere. I'd rather sign another DT through FA than draft another bust in the draft. The only way we would get a good one is if we get a top 5-10 pick and take the best one or 2 available. Draft somebody that serves a real need in the first round. If there is a good DT in the second then take him. I get that the game is one in the trenches but our oline has bigger issues than the dline.

I like your thinking there. I just don't think we are going to sign any good fa's. Haven't in a lonnng time and we sure as hell can't afford it.

#17 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

OL
secondary
pass rush

#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm going to say Safety or Tackle at this point.

#19 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Don't know why everyone keeps saying DE... CJ, Hardy, FA, Keiser, and Applewhite are going a hell of a job by committee.

And I feel like O-line is more of an important issue than DT, but DT quality really falls after the first round vs O-line quality (look to 2011's draft for proof).

I think it goes DT, Oline, S, CB, CB, TE

#20 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I think we are definitely going safety, or Oline..

#21 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

We should make a run at signing Dashon Goldson from San Fran (which is totally just wishful thinking) to solve our safety problem since Godfrey can't cover and Nakamura gets run over by every RB he encounters.

Then, probably draft the best player at any other defensive position besides linebacker since they all could use an upgrade. Yes, even DT, and probably/especially corner and pass rusher.

#22 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

inbeforeqbaftertonight'sdisgraceofahomeprimetimegame

#23 Mainter

Mainter

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

A big reason for the loss to the Bucs and now Giants is because we loss the battle at the line of scrimmage. I say we go BPA at O-line or D-line but you can never really tell how the draft will unfold though.

#24 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

well that's the point of this thread, to see how our opinions change during the season.
I couldn't watch the game last night, but after reading the reports, I'd say in the first
round we need to draft a new coach.

and since we can't, the one position I'll choose for our first round pick is DE. Johnson is
not worth his contract, but if we had another stud DE on the other end creating pressure,
it would help this team the most. plus we'd have a little depth at that position.

Remember, assume the bpa is the position you want to fill in the first round....let's hear it..

#25 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hankins from OSU to play DT
Jefferson or Reid to play FS
Next pick should be an o-lineman

#26 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'll take a GM in the first and a Head Coach in the second and we can spend the rest on the OLINE.
(JK)

#27 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,962 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

well that's the point of this thread, to see how our opinions change during the season.
I couldn't watch the game last night, but after reading the reports, I'd say in the first
round we need to draft a new coach.

and since we can't, the one position I'll choose for our first round pick is DE. Johnson is
not worth his contract, but if we had another stud DE on the other end creating pressure,
it would help this team the most. plus we'd have a little depth at that position.

Remember, assume the bpa is the position you want to fill in the first round....let's hear it..

we already have him. His name is Frank Alexander and he is doing a hell of a job for a non-starting rookie. Once he gets a few years under his belt and is a starter, skies the limit. May be better than CJ

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Manti Te'o LB, ND

Kuechly hasnt showed why he's the no.9 pick and people are on Beason's @ss.

#29 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

OT or OG. Our offense can't function with the way our current o-line playing.

#30 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,971 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Manti Te'o LB, ND

Kuechly hasnt showed why he's the no.9 pick and people are on Beason's @ss.

Just a terrible suggestion. Our defense is this bad because we spent too many high draft picks, and tied up too much money into one position. This defense needs either a DT like Lotulelei (still hoping we are not drafting high enough for him), or Hankins, or a playmaker in the secondary. O-Line could also be argued as a huge need as well, but our biggest needs are definitely DT/DB/OL/WR....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.