Photo
- - - - -

What position do we take in the first round?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

I hope so.
I really want a safety but the DT position is not as deep as the safeties.

I want Reid or McDonald but I could settle for Star or Hankins in the first and a Bacarri Rambo in the 2nd.

Same here, as long as we address those 2 positions in the first 2 rounds I'll feel good

#47 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Same here, as long as we address those 2 positions in the first 2 rounds I'll feel good

Yea if not, I think Kenny Philips is a FA.
Liked him when he came out and wouldn't be a bad addition.

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Bjeorn Werner DE, FSU??

#49 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,328 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Bjeorn Werner DE, FSU??

I don't know about him I still feel I need to see a little more film on him. I also feel that Safety is a huge need and OL help. Eric Reid would be great in the first round...

#50 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

More specifically, here's the players I would like to get, in order:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Kenny Vaccaro
3. Chance Warmack
4. Tavon Austin
5. Jonathan Cooper

#51 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,844 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

We do not need a WR.. we have lafell who will become #1 when smitty is gone and gettis will take the 2 spot and 3rd spot is open.. that's imo.

#52 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

We do not need a WR.. we have lafell who will become #1 when smitty is gone and gettis will take the 2 spot and 3rd spot is open.. that's imo.

You're wrong. LaFell will never be a legit number 1 receiver. He will always be that perfect #2 guy to have. In a few years I have little doubt that Gettis will pass him as the #2 anyways. We have to have an elite #1 receiver. Not just an average receiver as our #1.

#53 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

You're wrong. LaFell will never be a legit number 1 receiver. He will always be that perfect #2 guy to have. In a few years I have little doubt that Gettis will pass him as the #2 anyways. We have to have an elite #1 receiver. Not just an average receiver as our #1.

I definitely agree with LaFell being that perfect #2, but I don't agree that Gettis will pass him. I think Gettis has missed too many games early in his career to really ever catch up with the NFL game. Could he take Murphy's position? Absolutely. But I don't think he'll ever pass LaFell at this point, just because LaFell knows defenses now, and he knows how to study.

However, I think that a #1 type guy doesn't have to be taken in the first round. You can find those future #1 type guys in the second, third, and even fourth rounds... If you have the right scouting.

Right now, I think we either need to get someone that can sure up our defensive backfield, where we seem to get lit up constantly, or we need someone who can really protect Cam on the right side. A high-caliber G pick, like Chance Warmack, would be awesome.

#54 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

We need a pass rusher, whether thats from DE or DT. I originally didn't think we needed a DE but we generate no pass rush. There are plenty of holes on the defense so I could see the secondary being the first selection as well. On offense, the only first round position I can see us taking is OL.

#55 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Bjeorn Werner DE, FSU??

My dad taught me two things in life. Always look a man in the eye when shaking his hand, and never trust a man named Bjeorn.

#56 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

I want BPA in positions of need. If only we can get a stud DT 1st round. DE is deep so we can nab a good one in 2nd round. And pick up a big nasty OG in 4th round. Warmack or Barrett Jones would be nice but we need to fix this D asap. That still leaves us with holes at WR(if we want our future #1 already) and FS.

#57 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm leaning towards de every game.

#58 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

You sounded really confident in saying that Lafell will become the no.1 WR. I hope you're joking. Unless you wanna settle for being a team like the Browns or Dolphins.

#59 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

You sounded really confident in saying that Lafell will become the no.1 WR. I hope you're joking. Unless you wanna settle for being a team like the Browns or Dolphins.

Unfortunately the Browns and Dolphins are playing better than we are. But I do agree with LaFell not being a #1. Let's see what Gettis can do if he is able to come back this year. A future #1 WR would be great but I have no faith in this D. We need some potential stars there.

#60 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

This can change in a couple months - but right now I'd say

LT
And then anything on defense besides a LB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com