55 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Don't know about Frank Garcia's show, but every one of these blowhards on the other shows have been talking about how supposedly empty the stadium was throughout the game and how embarrassing it was how long it took for fans to get into the stadium. I tweeted something similar about how empty the stadium looked at the start of the game, but that was before people pointed out the ridiculous lines to get through security because of the new procedures. But these guys are killing me. Saying the stadium was 75% full, fans poured out of the stadium midway through the 4th quarter, blaming fans for taking so long to get into the stadium when it was security's fault....geezus, I think I need to start weening myself off this garbage and I've generally been a WFNZ defender on here.

#2 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is that like that radio thing in cars people listen to?

#3 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Is WFNZ the station Taylor Zarzour is on? I listen to him on the drive home.

#4 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Another reason this weekend was great - QCB's Cowboys getting thrashed by the Russell Wilson led Seahawks and Marc's Raiders getting curb stomped by the Dolphins.

#5 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,883 posts

I wonder if you realize that "radio" guys are no longer considered viable sports outlets anymore.

No different than any of us getting up there and running our mouths. This here is a good evidence of it.

#6 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

The stadium was 75% full at its best. People really started leaving with about 5:00 left.

#7 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I agree with them. Get your butts in the stadium. The Panthers repeatedly warned the fanbase about the wait to get in.

#8 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I saw pictures of the stadium after the 1st quarter and that stadium was 90% full at worst. First quarter, yes, it looked empty. But once people finally got through security, it looked every bit as full as your typical Panther home opener.

#9 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

I agree with them. Get your butts in the stadium. The Panthers repeatedly warned the fanbase about the wait to get in.

You can't blame people if they got there at 12:20 and didn't get into the stadium until the 10 minute mark in the 1st quarter. Things will improve on Thursday now that people know what to expect. Hell, there are plenty of people that have posted on the Huddle how long it took them to get into and I assume people posting on this site are about as diehard as they come.

#10 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

pic klong tweeted at the end of the first quarter

Posted Image

no way in hell is that 90% full.

#11 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

You can't blame people if they got there at 12:20 and didn't get into the stadium until the 10 minute mark in the 1st quarter. Things will improve on Thursday now that people know what to expect. Hell, there are plenty of people that have posted on the Huddle how long it took them to get into and I assume people posting on this site are about as diehard as they come.

Part of the problem is that something like 75% of the traffic enters from the North gate. I feel very confident if you hit the east gate at 12:20 you would have made it. This problem isn't new. People are just noticing it more because we have a reason to be on time these days. There's nothing wrong with getting to your seat early. You can take some great pictures and cheer for player intros.

#12 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,376 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Jase is right... it was never more than 75-80% full... and a LOT of people left with 5 minutes left to go.

I understand that lines were long getting in if you got there after 12, but there's no excuse for fans leaving that early... the game wasn't over until the Beason INT.

#13 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,092 posts

2nd quarter: You're telling me that 1 out of every 4 seats in this picture isn't filled:

Posted Image

#14 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

2nd quarter: You're telling me that 1 out of every 4 seats in this picture isn't filled:

Posted Image

Absolutely.

#15 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Oh we were scoring TDs and $500 seats on stub hub were empty. Cam was looking for someone to hand the footballs to (slight hyperbole).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com