• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,664 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

It was empty. That doesn't mean anything about the ones there or the team. Stop getting so offended, OP. It was raining and fans can be pussies. Fans think they can "beat traffic" to get back to some fantastic life they live.

/thread

#32 the_philosopher

the_philosopher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Considering all the Saints fans I saw everywhere I looked, I'd say there were easily 1 out of 4 seats without Panthers fans in them.

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,034 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Before we went to our seats, we were sitting and eating and this older couple sat down beside us and we talked some... They have PSLs and were probably in their 60s easily, maybe older. I know they are fans, they had on the gear and were there early, but I doubt they make a lot of noise during the game and I bet they leave early too... They represent a significant portion of people that attend Panthers games.

They consider the Panthers their team, but they consider the games more of a social event.

#34 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Another reason this weekend was great - QCB's Cowboys getting thrashed by the Russell Wilson led Seahawks and Marc's Raiders getting curb stomped by the Dolphins.

Also loved seeing the Skins lose...that's all I hear about living in SE Virginia

#35 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Don't know about Frank Garcia's show, but every one of these blowhards on the other shows have been talking about how supposedly empty the stadium was throughout the game and how embarrassing it was how long it took for fans to get into the stadium. I tweeted something similar about how empty the stadium looked at the start of the game, but that was before people pointed out the ridiculous lines to get through security because of the new procedures. But these guys are killing me. Saying the stadium was 75% full, fans poured out of the stadium midway through the 4th quarter, blaming fans for taking so long to get into the stadium when it was security's fault....geezus, I think I need to start weening myself off this garbage and I've generally been a WFNZ defender on here.

I heard some of the chatter on the radio today and some of it wasnt off base. I understand the problems getting in, I experience it myself so the beginning of the game I get the empties. That being said, there was a very good amount of empty seats throughout the game long before the place starting clearing out in the 4th. The place was maybe 85% full when everyone got in. I was suprised myself and talked about it with several people around me.

#36 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,057 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Very disappointed in the turnout. I'm sure Thursday will be full..... Of transplant Giant fans. Gonna suck but I can't wait none the less.

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Thursday will be 90% panthers fans at full capacity.

#38 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,057 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Thursday will be 90% panthers fans at full capacity.

You really think so?

#39 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Via @CMFoster23: Only thing flatter than the Patriots O yesterday was the crowd@GilletteStadium, anyone else notice all the empty red seatsyesterday.

Via @MaseDenver: For such a supposedly big night for the #Falcons, I'm surprised that 11 minutes before kickoff, at least 25 percent of the seats areempty

Via @annkillion: 49ers take the field. Lots of empty seats. Word is there are big delays at the gates. Ah Candlestick.

Via @JodyHighRoller3: The eagles should be ashamed of how many empty seats there are at that game its dead in there smfh

Via @RealMikeWilbon: So many emptyseats in San Diego..are people there resigned the Chargers moving to Los Angeles?

Via @BrandonCee: Look at all those empty seats, now. So much for die-hard #raidersfans. #nfl #chargers

Via @theyoungs07: Was it me or were there a large number of empty seats at the#bears game

#40 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Okay so that post didn't exactly turn out well. However, I just looked on Twitter for reports of lots of empty seats at other games. Found them all over the place: Bears games, Patriots, FALCONS TONIGHT, Chargers, Eagles, 49ers (primetime game) and others and I didn't search for every team.

So if I do concede there were a lot of empty seats yesterday, can we at least stop bagging on Panthers fans as if that only was going on in Charlotte yesterday?

#41 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,057 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Via @CMFoster23: Only thing flatter than the Patriots O yesterday was the crowd@GilletteStadium, anyone else notice all the empty red seatsyesterday.

Via @MaseDenver: For such a supposedly big night for the #Falcons, I'm surprised that 11 minutes before kickoff, at least 25 percent of the seats areempty

Via @annkillion: 49ers take the field. Lots of empty seats. Word is there are big delays at the gates. Ah Candlestick.

Via @JodyHighRoller3: The eagles should be ashamed of how many empty seats there are at that game its dead in there smfh

Via @RealMikeWilbon: So many emptyseats in San Diego..are people there resigned the Chargers moving to Los Angeles?

Via @BrandonCee: Look at all those empty seats, now. So much for die-hard #raidersfans. #nfl #chargers

Via @theyoungs07: Was it me or were there a large number of empty seats at the#bears game

Damn. Maybe you should email this to thedrive@wfnz.com so those guys can see it wasn't just Charlotte. ATL was full at kickoff though.

#42 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,017 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Its just better on my HD screen for free..my restroom break is not a commitment..and my Samuel Adams Octoberfest is reasonably priced...what rain?

#43 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,664 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

It doesn't matter if it happened all over the NFL. What matters is that you recognize there will be traffic, there might be entrance delays, you can't just waltz over form your tailgate, security checks take time, and the team wants you there for intros. If you realize that, and realize gates open at 11 AM, it can be full when it needs to be.

#44 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,057 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

It doesn't matter if it happened all over the NFL. What matters is that you recognize there will be traffic, there might be entrance delays, you can't just waltz over form your tailgate, security checks take time, and the team wants you there for intros. If you realize that, and realize gates open at 11 AM, it can be full when it needs to be.

If by "you" you are implying me then gtfo. I know where and when I gotta be somewhere.

#45 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

A lot of people were talking about the empty seats, not just early 1Q, but the whole game. We counted random rows during time outs and 2/3 cap. seemed about right. What little rain there was was nothing like the JAX game last year, certainly not enough to stay home, plus, there were even a bunch of empty seats under the overhang. Those that came were pretty loud, usually, but not always, at the right times. That "outflux" with five to go wasn't all that big. It was relatively rowdy even after the game was over. I haven't seen that in a longggggg time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com