- - - - -

I Think We Should Discuss..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Discuss that LaFell is going to be a top 10 WR in the NFL when Smith retires..

#2 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

I could see that happening if he continues to develop and becomes a dynamic player in his own right. He still has a lot of growing to do, but I am both surprised and very pleased to see the sharpening of his game so far this year. It would sure make life simpler for Hurney & Co. if we already have a legitimate deep threat on the roster when Smitty decides to hang up his cleats.

#3 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

I can't see it right now.

fug u fug

#4 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

I think he'll end up being ahead of a lot of other receivers, because of the different routes he's being asked to run.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Wow, just when I'm actually starting to feel better bout Lafell we now have this.

Let's wait please. Hold your roll.

#6 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'll settle for him knowing how to do his job. Anything else is icing on the cake.

#7 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

I like LaFell but there are 10 wrs not named smitty id take over him... In the nfc alone.

I love the guy but he is a number 2...a good to working on great number 2. (like a TJ Houshmazoad! Championship!)

However he is our number 2 so I like him better thanthe other guys. I still would want a more dynamic WR to possibly replace Smitty.*

* Smitty will never leave us! Also havent seen too many Smitty's around the nfl recently.

#8 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,127 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Doubt he will ever be top 10 in this league.

He is exceptional in finding holes in the defense and getting open. Lacks pure break away speed but makes up for it in other ways. His yards per reception last year was no joke but he needs to work on his yards after the catch...at least to my eye while watching games.

He is also extremely good at blocking on run plays and I believe this was one of his better traits entering the draft. If he can continue to develop and built rapport with Cam they will make one's life easier for one another for a long time.

All that being said, really glad LaFell is coming into his own and looks like a solid #2 at this point in time.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

If Lafell can be a top 10 no.2 WR, I'll be happy to settle for that.

Hope the best for him but he'll never be a true no.1 WR. You dnt want Lafell being our no.1, trust me.

Maybe 3-4 years from now, he may be able to have a season like Moose's one year he had. Asking for more than that is asking too much.

#10 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,389 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

lol I love how the Huddle over reacts to things. ^_^

Lafell will be a very good #2 guy. Doesn't really have that elite speed/separation to be a #1. He also drops some catches most top 10 guys catches. His YAC/abilty to make guys miss isn't really that great either.

#11 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

LaFell's ceiling really is only as low as he sets it. He could use a little more speed, but then again Smitty could use a little more height. LaFell's hands will only improve as time goes by and, who knows, he may become the #1 someday. Would I prefer someone else to be the #1 after Smitty? I really couldn't say because I don't know how good LaFell could become between now and then. What I do know is that he is a more than legit #2 right now, and the haters will continue to eat B-Fell's dust as he improves. I'm not saying he's Calvin Johnson or that he will become that. I am saying he is better than he is given credit for. Let's just say he won't be a sleeper in fantasy drafts anymore come next season.

#12 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

SS89HOF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

I love LaFell as the No. 2. We need a guy with speed to stretch the field who can eventually replace smith. LaFell and another young WR to pair with Cam for years to come. Much like all the years of Moose, Smith, and Jake.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

i think expecting him to be like a moose or a housh type player is reasonable. you don't want him to be your number 1 guy but you absolutely love him being your number 2.

#14 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

i think expecting him to be like a moose or a housh type player is reasonable. you don't want him to be your number 1 guy but you absolutely love him being your number 2.

For what it's worth (not much haha), LaFell reminds me of a mix between Jimmy Smith and a less speedy Irving Fryar

#15 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

He does kind of remind me as a young Moose. Just not as big

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.