Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "I just don't see it guys"

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we are better up front, but we still need an upgrade.... Ron and Dwan are improvements, but we still were gashed for over 150 yards.......

Posted

if the Edward's keep playing the way they have, maybe we call them "The Bruize Brothers"

Posted

14 games to go till playoffs..lets hope they hold up. This could even be argued on the defense..the Edwards' are essential!

Posted

Yeah, the Ron-Dwan wall isn't doing too shabby. That Dwan guy is pretty good. Pretty high up on the team sacks list. Someone should have adopted him during Adopt a Panther.

Posted

Yes, the signing of D Edwards was huge for our D-line...

Posted

I havent seen this being praised by too many on the Huddle as of yet.

There was a lot of "Ron Edwards is an old ineffective nobody" talk from a many huddlers who never have seen him play a snap for us or in his career.

Can we acknowledge that Ron Edwards(along with Dwan of course) has help stabilized this line? Drew could not step up in the pocket like last season avoiding all edge pressure that Hardy and CJ got on him in 2011.

On Sunday Drew stepped up and the G-C was pushed in his face and he had to bail the pocket only to fling his incomplete legal-intentional grounding passes.

I cannot say I felt bad for his limping ass after his sack either... Lead apologist of a bunch of clasless jerks.

Its real sad, that a team that represents a city that is built under sea level, actually plays with the class of a team well beneath the ocean floor.

We are 28th in rush defense and giving up more yards per rush than last year. I don't see it. They are more effective rushing the passer though.

Posted

I havent seen this being praised by too many on the Huddle as of yet.

There was a lot of "Ron Edwards is an old ineffective nobody" talk from a many huddlers who never have seen him play a snap for us or in his career.

Can we acknowledge that Ron Edwards(along with Dwan of course) has help stabilized this line? Drew could not step up in the pocket like last season avoiding all edge pressure that Hardy and CJ got on him in 2011.

On Sunday Drew stepped up and the G-C was pushed in his face and he had to bail the pocket only to fling his incomplete legal-intentional grounding passes.

I cannot say I felt bad for his limping ass after his sack either... Lead apologist of a bunch of clasless jerks.

Its real sad, that a team that represents a city that is built under sea level, actually plays with the class of a team well beneath the ocean floor.

So many of those last second throw away passes by Drew were such BS. Any quarterback half as slimy as him would have been sacked 6 times that game.

Posted

Guys who knew of Edwards last year, which were only a few of us, knew he was a solid vet. Guys who really wanted us to take a DT downplayed his capabilities. Nothing out of the norm here.

Posted

We are 28th in rush defense and giving up more yards per rush than last year. I don't see it. They are more effective rushing the passer though.

we held TB to under 4 ypc. The saints racked up tons of yardage, but we were giving them everything underneath after we gained a sizeable lead. A huge chunk of those yards ceded to thomas and sproles were essentially garbage time yards. Sure the Saints made it a game (they are a good team) but we playing appropriately when having a lead. Imagine if we still had Sherrod out there busy giving up bombs to the receivers.

Posted

Guys who knew of Edwards last year, which were only a few of us, knew he was a solid vet. Guys who really wanted us to take a DT downplayed his capabilities. Nothing out of the norm here.

To be fair we didn't know that Dwan was going to fall into our lap as well, having a guy like Fletcher Cox next to Ron would have looked like a very potent DT combo on paper.

Many fans in Buffalo are upset about Dwan getting the boot. He wasn't bad, just too many mouths to feed. He wasn't going to supplant Williams or Dareus, they have a solid 3rd man in rotation, but they kept the younger and cheaper player Carrington instead of Dwan, despite Dwan being the better player.

Posted

we held TB to under 4 ypc. The saints racked up tons of yardage, but we were giving them everything underneath after we gained a sizeable lead. A huge chunk of those yards ceded to thomas and sproles were essentially garbage time yards. Sure the Saints made it a game (they are a good team) but we playing appropriately when having a lead. Imagine if we still had Sherrod out there busy giving up bombs to the receivers.

yea playing the saints u have to worry about the pass first, so thomas busted 2 runs for 40+ yards which skewed the average. other than that, run defense sufficed, just need to sniff those freaking screens out better.

1 person likes this

Posted

yea playing the saints u have to worry about the pass first, so thomas busted 2 runs for 40+ yards which skewed the average. other than that, run defense sufficed, just need to sniff those freaking screens out better.

Pretty much this. We hardly even had our DTs playing in the second half. So many DEs on the field and always had both safeties deep. This is how GB went 15-1 last year and had the worst rank D. Get a lead, then hold on to it like hell.