Photo
- - - - -

The "I just don't see it guys"

Before a guy ever plays

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#37 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

If you read the op it is about collapsing the pocket.. Yardage stats can be really skewed as a lot of experts have attested to when assessing the Packers for instance. They score so quickly and efficiently on offense that the other team has extra possessions.

Turnovers and 3rd down stops have been totally improved through the 2nd half of game 1 and all of game 2. The last three seasons, if not more, have been watching avg QBs throw for 1st downs, eating clock and picking apart the defense.

Also two runs by Thomas were on the edge where linbackers and FS were the gap control players...

If you cannot see improvement you must only read Charlotte Observer box scores.

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

We are 28th in rush defense and giving up more yards per rush than last year. I don't see it. They are more effective rushing the passer though.

You either give up rushing or passing yards. At this point we are giving up rushing yards but what I see that is different this year is how stout we are on third and short or near the goal. We are good up the middle most of the time but still give up a few big runs. We also have to solidify the linebacking corps. We have great players but Anderson is 2 years removed from playing, Beason is 1 year removed and trying to get his speed back with the achilles, and Kueckly is a rookie. I think that we will improve all year and with the middle of the line less of an issue, they won't have to shade inside and can roam from sideline to sideline.

The other point is that both Tampa and New Orleans have pretty potent offenses. I don't see the Giants for example putting up 120 yards rushing on Thursday. But we will surrender passing yards which is okay if it doesn't result in points.

#39 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yeah ok. These guys aren't helping the run no matter how you try to spin it.

#40 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yeah ok. These guys aren't helping the run no matter how you try to spin it.

Hi im the DT expert! With the powers of hindsight!-CRA

Contain on the backside is where its killing the Defense..pass rush is lackluster.

Well after this run performance and middle pass rush..OUR DTs SUCK! Fletcher Cox would still be inactive by the way.