Photo
- - - - -

Captain Munnerlyn's #2 status is...short lived..

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

I would also like to discredit the myth that he is a good nickel corner. The guy is trash. He constantly gets abused even at the nickel and shouldn't be on the team after the season.

Oh HELL NO you didn't!

#17 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,391 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

would have loved to see norman come away with that pick that went right through his hands.

#18 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

I would also like to discredit the myth that he is a good nickel corner. The guy is trash. He constantly gets abused even at the nickel and shouldn't be on the team after the season.

I think this is a contract year for him.

#19 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Someone more experienced in analysis can check me on this, but don't rookie CB's tend to struggle often?

Good CBs usually start from day 1. You either have it or you don't. For a CB, other than terminology, learning a new system is not a culture shock. Obviously, young CBs will make mistakes. But Norman isn't going to learn anything on the bench.

#20 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

The Saints converted their first 3rd down on Captain. He couldn't stay in front of Sproles, but to his credit, no one could yesterday.

#21 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

When he actually played Nickel in 2010 :

74.6 Qb rating.
57.5 Qb %
11.7 average
491 yards allowed.

None of those stats would put him near the worst of the 68 cornerbacks who played 50% of snaps. In fact the worst ranking stat is 24th. He shouldn't start, but he's a solid Nickel corner.

#22 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

So far Norman looks the part. His true test will be against the Giants. Eli threw for over 500 yards, thats crazy. We'll have to cover Cruz and Nicks, Gamble will take one, I hope that Norman can handle the other. I think he can...

#23 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Norman is a clown, but he's fearless and 6'2, so there you have it: Norman > Munnerlyn. If he doesn't completely lose his mind, he could be good. Hopefully Rivera can "manage" his psycho-energy.

This blonde on 2 broke girls is perfect.

#24 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Got to say I agree with you on that one.

There was one nickleback song that I thought I liked but then I found out it was actually by theory of a deadman

#25 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm just really nervous about the 10 yards Norman gives the receiver, someones going to take advantage of that soon

#26 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

There was one nickleback song that I thought I liked but then I found out it was actually by theory of a deadman

Hmm I thought it was poo but found out it was actually barf-poo.

Or

I thought it was Candlebox but then found out it was actually Creed.

Or

I thought it was Keisha but found out it was actually Flo-Rider

#27 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Loved when on that incomplete pass on 4th down goal line with Graham, #24 got up in his face n yelled somethin. That fired me up ha this kid is lookin like a baller. If we struck gold on Norman how much would that help alone on D...A LOT

#28 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm just really nervous about the 10 yards Norman gives the receiver, someones going to take advantage of that soon

He played up at the line of scrimmage most of the game especially when playing zone. I'm not sure what you mean. The coverage called dictates how close he lines up.

#29 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

He played up at the line of scrimmage most of the game especially when playing zone. I'm not sure what you mean. The coverage called dictates how close he lines up.

Yeah isnt that more of a schematic decision by the coach than an actual indication of his ability?

#30 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yeah I actually think he prefers to play up close. It's Gamble who likes playing back so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com