206 replies to this topic

#1 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

In the footage, taped with a hidden camera, Romney argued nearly half of Americans will vote for President Barack Obama because they rely on government support, made apparent jokes about wishing he had Latino heritage, and talks about a Chinese factory his former firm purchased.

LOL you just can't make this poo up

+

Have you ever seen Mitt's hair looking like this during an improvised press conference to minimize the damage, before storming off stage

Posted Image

#2 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

#3 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

well his dad did live in mexico, if that counts

#4 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

https://twitter.com/MexicanMitt

#5 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

I liked Mitt's dad, I think he would have made a good President. I guess the nut does occasionally fall far from the tree.

Now that being a citizen of this country is no longer a requirement :rolleyes: maybe we should look to Mexico for our next Commander in Chief.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

This is what the right has openly said for years, not sure why people are treating it like some smoking gun surprise.

#7 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Romney shot himself in the foot. Or...someone shot it for him. Even though Obama made negative comments about people from small towns "needing their religion and their guns" four years ago, he didn't have an onslaught of media ready to crucify him the way the media's going to crucify Romney over this. And frankly, he should have known that. I don't trust his judgment. I'm worried if he wins election he might say something off the cuff about Muslims or black people.

We really need a third candidate to swoop in and save us, because this Scylla/Charybdis choice sucks.

#8 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

http://www.motherjon...vate-fundraiser

"I can– I can never predict what the markets will do. Sometimes it does the exact opposite of what I would have expected." wow haha

He just made a prediction about what the markets will do if he is elected president and then says that he can't predict what the markets will do seconds later

So yeah, no big surprises but in the act of this whole video set simply getting out and his campaign not backing down from anything, a few truths no one really wanted let out of the box have been openly admitted:

-It is all purely political...not for the actual American people. (true on both sides of course)

-He admits (another truth albiet) that he has no real power over the economy but certain markets will improve given his backers and party interests. So he's basically in this just to get a job title and be the puppet for these guys in the room.

-He sounds the most genuine about political strategy (never policy) behind closed doors more than anything. That's f*cking scary and I don't care which way you swing on any type of spectrum. As Carlin puts it: "It's about the money!"

-They can't prevent people from filming something at a private corporate donor meeting at a guy's house?....like wtf? You can't cover something as small as this?

-He just drove countless people who were apathetic about Obama and probably even more that weren't gonna vote back to the booths

-And now that "5 to 6 or 7 percent" he spoke about trying to persuade and all...well he just lost at least 4.7% of them

#9 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

This is what the right has openly said for years, not sure why people are treating it like some smoking gun surprise.

There was plausible deniability until the GOP nominee for POTUS was recorded saying it.

Is it any wonder Mitt wouldn't let the press in to his meeting recently with Israeli donors?

Wonder what he said to them?

#10 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

There was plausible tenability until the GOP nominee for POTUS was recorded saying it.

Is it any wonder Mitt wouldn't let the press in to his meeting recently with the Israeli donors?

Wonder what he said to them?

You got it...all of these statements were about things people know about but at the same time the stuff no politician should ever admit and let get out. Its basically like him saying...yeah f*ck those people (half the country) I just care about this 7% I can swing to become president and I will suck your corporate cocks. I swear I've got good people in my pockets helping my campaign!

#11 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Romney shot himself in the foot. Or...someone shot it for him. Even though Obama made negative comments about people from small towns "needing their religion and their guns" four years ago, he didn't have an onslaught of media ready to crucify him the way the media's going to crucify Romney over this. And frankly, he should have known that. I don't trust his judgment. I'm worried if he wins election he might say something off the cuff about Muslims or black people.

We really need a third candidate to swoop in and save us, because this Scylla/Charybdis choice sucks.

I can't disagree here...especially that last line

#12 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

Thought it would be a tight race, this doesn't help a lagging Romney

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

You should listen to what Obama actually said in that quote, because it's actually quite poignant and wasn't meant as an attack on those people, it was in support of them. That's why it didn't hurt him. This Romney quote, on the other hand, can't really be taken in any other way.

#14 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

Is this where Romney gets his talking points from?

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Romney was shooting a little low...

http://www.gallup.co...ment-doing.aspx

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users