Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Campaign nosedive

205 posts in this topic

Lazy moochers. Seniors, veterans, students, single moms, single dads, low wages.. you should get off your ass (or in seniors case, get those cranky plastic hips moving) and sell your daddy's stock options that he gave you. Now that's hard work

Correct. Aside from helping to pay 45% (medicare +SS) of the federal budget, they pay nothing

So you admit he was right when he said that over 50% don't pay federal income taxes. Glad to know you can admit when you are wrong. :)

So you admit he was right when he said that over 50% don't pay federal income taxes. Glad to know you can admit when you are wrong. :)

Nope. He was wrong for the line that came right after it

Anyone who thinks that half of the people in the US not paying taxes is OK or sustainable is an idiot......and a Democrat.

Anyone who thinks that half of the people in the US not paying taxes is OK or sustainable is an idiot......and a Democrat.

I'm pretty sure half of those are registered Republicans ;)

There's a difference between sucking the teet, ie living off the gov't... and using the deductions available... one person is taking from the public trust the other is giving to it. Sure, the person taking deductions could be paying in even more, but the person taking and not giving anything, could be working and paying in too... obviously a generalization, but you get the point.

Sorry but gov't assistance is gov't assistance.

What I would like then is an exact % of people sucking the gov't teet. What social programs for the poor are driving this country into the ground?

I think that the poor in our country are made into boogeymen and it's disgusting. People need someone to blame....

And republicans defending the rich are similar to the poor white southerners that were hoodwinked into fighting the civil war to defend the 2% back then (not the 1% we have now).

Sorry but gov't assistance is gov't assistance.

What I would like then is an exact % of people sucking the gov't teet. What social programs for the poor are driving this country into the ground?

I think that the poor in our country are made into boogeymen and it's disgusting. People need someone to blame....

And republicans defending the rich are similar to the poor white southerners that were hoodwinked into fighting the civil war to defend the 2% back then (not the 1% we have now).

Tax deductions are not "gov't assistance", we'll just have to disagree on that.

I have no idea what percentage of people there are, there's no way to tell... obviously not everyone can get a job... but there are some people out there that do take from the gov't without giving and they are quite capable of working.

I'm all for helping the poor, not what I'm saying at all...

... there are good, nice decent people that are poor and rich, and sorry, worthless, shitty people that are poor and rich. I'm not defending or detracting from either group.

I have no idea what percentage of people there are, there's no way to tell... obviously not everyone can get a job... but there are some people out there that do take from the gov't without giving and they are quite capable of working.

... there are good, nice decent people that are poor and rich, and sorry, worthless, shitty people that are poor and rich. I'm not defending or detracting from either group.

Its fine if you (not really you in particular, just speaking generally) want to call people out for being lazy, not working, and taking government money. But if you want to do that you cant use that 47% figure because that doesnt make any sense.

Like I said, 61% of those that dont pay fed income taxes pay payroll taxes, meaning they have a job. Take out those people, and that brings the number down to 18% (people who pay no fed income or payroll taxes). If you take the elderly out of that number, it drops to about 8%. Which, to be fair, is still a whole lot of people

Many of the people that pay no federal income taxes pay no federal income taxes because of mortgage interest deductions, EITC, and child credits. If that is not government assistance in your mind, then you cannot at the same time quote that 47% of people are moochers..

Now I don't know if you ever said that (others certainly have and I haven't read every post), but if you remove those forms of government assistance, or tax deductions as you call them, the % of people not paying federal income taxes would plummet.

Its fine if you (not really you in particular, just speaking generally) want to call people out for being lazy, not working, and taking government money. But if you want to do that you cant use that 47% figure because that doesnt make any sense.

Like I said, 61% of those that dont pay fed income taxes pay payroll taxes, meaning they have a job. Take out those people, and that brings the number down to 18% (people who pay no fed income or payroll taxes). If you take the elderly out of that number, it drops to about 8%. Which, to be fair, is still a whole lot of people

Many of the people that pay no federal income taxes pay no federal income taxes because of mortgage interest deductions, EITC, and child credits. If that is not government assistance in your mind, then you cannot at the same time quote that 47% of people are moochers..

Now I don't know if you ever said that (others certainly have and I haven't read every post), but if you remove those forms of government assistance, or tax deductions as you call them, the % of people not paying federal income taxes would plummet.

Yeah, I get both your points... I never quoted any percentage... I have no idea what percentage of people that actually could be working and choose not to... no clue. But there is some percentage that do that...

The 8% thatlookseasy quoted honestly sounds about right... and he's also right that that's still a whole lot of people.

good conversation people. well done