• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Time for game 2 of the regular season tailgating and the Giants come to town for a primetime matchup. The Huddle will mark its 9th season of putting on a donation tailgate with all proceeds going to Toys for Tots at the end of the year. Members of the Huddle have donated well over $20,000 and over 600 bikes to Toys for Tots over the years. Every single game over 8 seasons have been sponsored by posters and companies alike and this year is fully sponsored as well. Posters or companies sponsor all the food and non-alcoholic drinks and fans come and partake while leaving a donation in the bucket. 100% of all monies used to purchase bikes donated to Toys for Tots at stadium.

This weeks sponsor is WebFullCircle. This is the 2nd of 3 tailgates they will sponsor this season and we are thankful for them helping out in this capacity. Please visit www.webfullcircle.com for all your search engine optimization, website design, Ecommerce, google local and any other web related needs your company desires. Call them at 980-322-0518 to find out how they can help your business excel with any of their services. www.webfullcircle.com

This week's food is provided by Joel's Pizzeria located at 5668 International Dr. in Charlotte, NC 28270. Phone them at 704-200-2617 if you're in the south Charlotte area near Providence Rd. Open at 11 am 7 days a week. The food this week will consist of various NY thin crust style pizzas and various pasta dishes including Fettuccini w/chicken, spaghetti/meat sauce, baked ziti, and salad. The owner will deliver the food personally around 5:30pm fresh from the restaurant. Please be sure to thank him if you see him there.

Here is the usual info, and any other questions about the tailgate please direct to this thread:

Where? WE HAVE A NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR DUE TO DEMOLITION OF THE OLD LOT. WE ARE LOCATED AT A LARGE LOT AT THE INTERSECTION OF TRYON, 3RD ST, AND CHURCH. WE WILL HAVE TENTS WITH A HUDDLE BANNER ON IT. Basically if you walk into the lot from Tryon St, you will run right into us.

What? Lots of good food and non-alcoholic drinks. BYOB if you want to drink your own booze. Tents for rain or for shade provided as well as chairs for people that need them.

When? We start at 4pm this Thursday. Get there early for the good food and to hang out with other Panthers fans like yourself.

Who? Anywhere from about 50 faithful fans who show up every game over the course of the day to another 50 stragglers and newbs. You never know who will show up and opposing fans are certainly welcome. If you have no other place to tailgate and want to maximize the gameday experience this certainly kicks ass over just pulling your car up to the stadium an hour before and walking in. You'll get better food here than any heat lamped fries or pretzels you'll get in the stadium and have a good time tailgating no matter what the score is for the game.

Any other questions this is the thread to ask in.

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

Mush doin' what Mush does best.....lining up some fantastic food for us to all enjoy.

Come on out and don't forget to make a nice donation. Remember this is all for the kids and times are tough. Let's put a smile on 200 kids faces this Christmas. I know we can do it.

#3 D34Williams

D34Williams

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

I'll come by for sure. Staying at the Blake downtown, me and my brother are looking for some Carolina hospitality. First panther game for both of us, coming all the way from Texas. Thanks for the open invitation.

#4 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Woo Hoo....pizza and beer....mmmmmmmm See you guys around 6ish.
My buddy said he was gonna take it a little easier this time around B)

Attached Files

#5 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Had a dream we beat these guys last night.

Also, boss gave me Friday off work. Only caveat is I have to drive to Philly for a wedding Friday. Fug

#6 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

I will be there in spirit!!

Hoooooray Spirit!

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Woo Hoo....pizza and beer....mmmmmmmm See you guys around 6ish.
My buddy said he was gonna take it a little easier this time around B)

That picture was awesome

#8 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'll be there!

#9 out-of-towner

out-of-towner

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Will be there for sure with my brother and father! Be there around 4pm!!

#10 Dean Vong

Dean Vong

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Yeah Yeah!! I'm coming in loud with with some manly drinks this time around! See you guys in a couple of days.

#11 dkmilitary

dkmilitary

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSandhills

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

I will stop by this time we walked through the lot on Sunday but we had already eaten . Damn husband has that celiac disease it might of been cruel to chow down on some BBQ in front of him. Leaving him at home - he has to work the next day .

#12 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'll come by for sure. Staying at the Blake downtown, me and my brother are looking for some Carolina hospitality. First panther game for both of us, coming all the way from Texas. Thanks for the open invitation.

Another texan who's a panthers fan! woo those are rare! enjoy buddy!

#13 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Can't make the game, but will be fantasizing about CJ and Co pounding Manning's face into the ground

#14 brooksjester

brooksjester

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

What time will the lots be available being that it is a work day? We typically park @ 3rd & Church as well, and was curious what time this lot was set to open up for tailgaters.

#15 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

I don't know what time it officially opens.......probably 4 hrs. before kickoff. We use 5-6 spots with tents and such. Sometimes on days like this we start with 2 spots and just grow as the car beside us leaves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.