Photo
- - - - -

People who don't get the NFL Network like in Charleston for example wont be seeing the game?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Man, guess I won't get to see it here in Winston. This sucks

#32 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

I live in Charleston. Lucky I have NFLN...but this preseason on our Thurs night game it was on local too. I think the programming just doesn't show in the guides. But it will probably come on.

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Anyone in the Wilmington area know if it is going to be broadcast over the air? If so who would have it? Fox?

Pretty sure it won't be on TV here anywhere...

I'm going to my dads, he has DirecTV. I need to bite the bullet and get it too...

#34 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Anyone in the Wilmington area know if it is going to be broadcast over the air? If so who would have it? Fox?

No. Did you read this thread? Only WSOC and the NFL Network are carrying it (unless you live in New York).

#35 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

That really sucks - I dont see how the NFL can make more money keeping it to a select few who can afford their absurd station rather than by broadcasting it to tens of milions of homes and collecting the advertising revenues.

If I cant get a good feed I guess Ill have to listen to Mick.

#36 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

That really sucks - I dont see how the NFL can make more money keeping it to a select few who can afford their absurd station rather than by broadcasting it to tens of milions of homes and collecting the advertising revenues.

The NFL had their highest rating ever last Thursday. The NFL Network is doing just fine. Time Warner is the only major hold out.

#37 MagPie

MagPie

Get real

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

I live in Charleston. Lucky I have NFLN...but this preseason on our Thurs night game it was on local too. I think the programming just doesn't show in the guides. But it will probably come on.

Nope, not local in Chas. Must have NFLN. (or access to it)

#38 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

I just want to add, I love UVerse.

#39 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

I think I'll watch it on the NFL Network and locally with a second TV just because I can.

I love you, Verizon FiOS. You make TWC look like used tampon from the 1950s.

So fuging jealous....just switched to DTV but only because FiOS isn't coming to this area anytime soon....

#40 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Does anyone actually read the the threads before posting? This isn't preseason. It isn't being shown on the Panthers TV Network. It is being shown on WSOC, a local station in NY, and the NFL Network.

#41 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Does anyone actually read the the threads before posting? This isn't preseason. It isn't being shown on the Panthers TV Network. It is being shown on WSOC, a local station in NY, and the NFL Network.

the texans preseason game was actually picked up by NFLN and that was shown all over the carolinas regardless of whether you were in the wsoc viewing area. that was a saturday game though i don't think that matters.

#42 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,521 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I got a working wife Thur, a kid, and no NFLN.....

bar sounds great but it isn't happenin with a 1 yr old.

can anyone pm me a good place that I may find the game on the web. pretty please

Posted Image

#43 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

I just want to add, I love UVerse.

I have absolutely no complaints with them..

#44 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

the texans preseason game was actually picked up by NFLN and that was shown all over the carolinas regardless of whether you were in the wsoc viewing area. that was a saturday game though i don't think that matters.

all preseason games are broadcast via their local markets regardless of what day it is.

the nfln picks and chooses which preseason games they play live or reairs.

#45 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

What does that have to do with anything? It has been stated about 10 times in this thread that the NFLN and WSOC are carrying the game and no one else (except the local station in NY). They aren't going to magically show it in Wilmington or Charleston on a local channel. Saying they might just confuses people and gives a false sense of hope.

Preseason games are broadcasts of the teams local networks and the NFL Network will show those feeds. This is a NFL Network broadcast that WSOC bid on to be the ONE local station to show it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.