Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Sabol Dead at 69.

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is relevant. Game wouldn't be what it was today without him. Maybe no Panthers.

God bless you, Steve.

[QUOTE] @richeisen: All of us here at @nflnetwork are crestfallen and mourn the loss of the genius and iconoclast Steve Sabol. May he rest in peace.[/QUOTE]
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Much respect to the Sabol family!

Posted · Report post

Terrible news. RIP Steve.

Posted · Report post

Sad day... RIP

Posted · Report post

Rest in peace. his interview with Steve smith is one of my favorite videos ever.

Posted · Report post

RIP Mr. Sabol.

Posted · Report post

[yt]6Xpt0YBb1dU[/yt]

RIP

(edit: didn't see the other thread. Sorry guys)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

All my life I have loved NFL Films. Every part of it. I love this game so much an NFL Films was such a huge part of it. It always truly captured how extraordinary our game is, and put such a deep respect for this sport inside of me because of it. Because of that, I always had a gret respect for Steve, the man who understood the greatness of this sport and and showed it so well. I hate to lose Steve. I really, truly, looked up to him and it's a sad day for the entire sport.

Regardless of what team your a fan of, none of our allegiances would have any significance if Steve hadn't done the work the good Lord put him here to do. There was no more important a man into making the game what it was. He built the sport moreso than any player, coach, or owner, and he will be missed.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1347990522' post='1905795']
All my life I have loved NFL Films. Every part of it. I love this game so much an NFL Films was such a huge part of it. It always truly captured how extraordinary our game is, and put such a deep respect for this sport inside of me because of it. Because of that, I always had a gret respect for Steve, the man who understood the greatness of this sport and and showed it so well. I hate to lose Steve. I really, truly, looked up to him and it's a sad day for the entire sport.

Regardless of what team your a fan of, none of our allegiances would have any significance if Steve hadn't done the work the good Lord put him here to do. There was no more important a man into making the game what it was. He built the sport moreso than any player, coach, or owner, and he will be missed.
[/quote]

Agreed, sad sad day.

Posted · Report post

RIP Mr. Sabol

Posted · Report post

Very sad day. This man's work got me through a lot of sick days on the couch when I was a kid, boring college afternoons waiting for practice, and lots of late nights when my wife has passed out early I still peruse the TV listings to see if any of his work is airing.

RIP to a legend, you will never be forgotten. Sad, sad day.

Posted · Report post

Damn you brain cancer. RIP and my hearts and prayers go out to the friends and family.