Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank Rivera for the defense playing so well on Sunday...

25 posts in this topic

Posted

its gonna take more then one game to convince me

They played pretty good the first week to tbh. Had a bad start but held the bucs to 16 points. The same Bucs who scored 34 on the giants.

If we had this defense last year we would have made the playoffs.

This is definitely not a shutdown defense, but it looks like it can play well enough to hold a lead which is what we need.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was mainly just pissed at the atrocious tackling.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love defense.

So much so, I'd take a great defense over a great offense.

With that being said, I've been impressed with the improvement on defense.

Is it a top 5 defense? No. Why would anybody expect a top tier defense 2 games into the season? That is unrealistic expectations.

The defense has improved. Anybody should see that. It'll continue to prove throughout the season as long as we don't suffer any major injuries.

Posted

I was mainly just pissed at the atrocious tackling.

That is nothing new. No defense i watch truly tackles well as a team. Some players will, some won't. Welcome to the modern day NFL.

I don't like it either.

Posted

what are u looking for then? how many teams can say they 3-and-outted the stains 2 or 3 times in a row?

Every team that has played them this year.

Posted

That is nothing new. No defense i watch truly tackles well as a team. Some players will, some won't. Welcome to the modern day NFL.

I don't like it either.

yeah but even that, I'd say we are one of the worst at it.

Posted

Gonna go ahead and say that the offense could score 50, the defense could pitch a shutout, the special teams could be really special... But there would still be people here that would find something to whine about

Posted

The Saints defense was even worse at tackling. I think PFF said they had something like 10 missed tackles against us

Brees netted 20 points passing against us. He's the biggest threat on that team and he was largely abused by our pass rush constantly on Sunday. The defense, Rivera and McDermott all did a very good job. The end.

Posted

Keep in mind, teams with damn good offenses, are going to have a defense that gets attacked, as opposing offense try to keep up, out score our offense.

Posted

The defense is much improved and I expect it will get better as the season progresses IF we stay healthy. Thank you McDermott - kudos to the D!

Posted

Posted

I wasn't that impressed with the defense.

estas loco