Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newton not happy with the offense

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Newton-not-satisfied/586dac71-65a2-48ec-b8ae-b44fddb6904a

CHARLOTTE – The Panthers had no choice but to quickly move past the 35-27 win over New Orleans due a short week of prep for Thursday night's game versus the Giants, but quarterback Cam Newtonicon-article-link.gif wants to make sure an issue from Week 2 is properly identified and corrected.

Newton wasn't happy with how the Panthers offense finished the game against the Saints, failing to convert on third-and-seven with less than two minutes remaining.

That gave Drew Brees and the New Orleans offense one more chance to even the score, but linebacker Jon Beasonicon-article-link.gif secured the victory for Carolina moments later with an interception.

Posted · Report post

He might say that but trust me he'll take it

Posted · Report post

Thug

Posted · Report post

If the sain'ts somehow pulled a miracle and tied/won the game, we would all be blaming the offense for not finishing the game.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Damn, i want that hoodie. Team store selling those?

Posted · Report post

Finishing games was a problem for us last year, and sometimes it was the defense's fault but Newton wants the offense to have control of the game and finish it. Any Qb would feel the same way.

Posted · Report post

That's why I love Cam. I swear, we could win the Super Bowl and he'd still think he could have done better.

Keep Pounding!

Stay hungry.

Posted · Report post

Cam should keep this one thing in mind when his offense is struggling...Jimmy Clausen could be starting

Posted · Report post

That was a really good interview. I am very impressed with the way he purposely avoiding giving any bulletin board material to the Giants. He was very diplomatic.

Can't really say I disagree with anything that he said.

Posted · Report post

I hope he's never happy with the offense. There's always something to improve on. I love the attitude and he's right, there we a couple of really bad mistakes that ended drives and kept us from scoring.

Posted · Report post

Misleading title is misleading. Cam is not happy with how the offense finished, not with the offense as a whole.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He does not seem to like wasting time answering menial questions - he bolted out of that interview....