#3 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

I don't know why the option gets a knack for being "simple", "nonviable", "college-only", and "unsophisticated" when it doesn't seem more gimmicky or less technical than any other offense. I also don't understand why the quarterbacks that run this style of offense are considered unskilled and incapable of running a pro-style offense.

From reading that article, it's obvious the QB has to make smart decisions, needs quick reactions, needs to make defenses respect his passing and running ability, and is given a ton of responsibility for the successful development of the play. I'm glad this team isn't afraid to break the mold, and I'm glad we're making defenses respect and be terrified of this "inferior" offense run by a "college" quarterback.

#4 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

I wonder if we'll be able to execute our option against the Giants. The Saints zone defense is just terrible because their players have not even learned it yet, but the Giants defense is tough. I think if we can run our option against the Giants, then we can run it on just about any team.

#5 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

I don't know why the option gets a knack for being "simple", "nonviable", "college-only", and "unsophisticated" when it doesn't seem more gimmicky or less technical than any other offense. I also don't understand why the quarterbacks that run this style of offense are considered unskilled and incapable of running a pro-style offense.

From reading that article, it's obvious the QB has to make smart decisions, needs quick reactions, needs to make defenses respect his passing and running ability, and is given a ton of responsibility for the successful development of the play. I'm glad this team isn't afraid to break the mold, and I'm glad we're making defenses respect and be terrified of this "inferior" offense run by a "college" quarterback.

I don't think most that ran it in college had NFL arms.....therefore it has never been though much of

#6 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,446 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

it's only an 'option' now to allow time for cam to develop his passing game. i give it another 3 years with less and less use. cam is so good he can groom himself.

#7 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

I've noticed Malcolm Jenkins is abused quite a bit with the option. Dude got shat on all afternoon. I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com