Rivera's weekly Sirius interview
Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:53 PM
A WHOLE PIE!
1. Olsen is tired of hearing that he doesn't block and has improved greatly as evidenced by his block on Will Smith which opened the hole for Cam's TD run. He is coming in at 7:30 and attending a pre-meeting with the OL before his regular TE meeting.
2. Hardy is finally starting to come into his own and has a chance to be very valuable. He has played the 1,3,5,7, and 9 technique in the games and this versability gives us a lot of options
3. Norman has long arms and long legs, but his best attribute is his field of vision. He is already good at press coverage and knocking receivers off their routes. If he keeps improving at the the current rate, he will be very valuable by the end of the year.
4. We ran 5 no huddle inthe the 1st game and 7 last week. We will continue to expand on this because not only do we keep the D with the same personnel but our personnel groups are so versatile that we can go from 12 to 21 to 11 with the same players on the field.
5. LaFell has become a solid #2 receiver and he compared him to malcolm floyd and chris chambers. Getting nene last year built a fire under him and instead of complaining, he went to work and improved so much that we let nene go.
Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:50 PM
Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:12 AM
Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:34 AM
what does rivera mean when he is talking about personnel group diversity- 12 to 21 to 11? haven't heard this before.
12 = 1 back, 2 TE's
21= 2 backs, 1 TE
11= 1 back, 1 TE (send someone out to play WR)
So it really boils down to Tolbert's versatility, he can line up at TE or WR.
Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:03 AM
The first number is always the the number of running backs
The 2nd is number of tight ends
You know there's always going to be 5 lineman and 1 qb.(6 of 11) So to diagnose quickly what else is out there say its a 22 package, thats 4 players so that means 1 spot left for W.R
If its a 11- which we run a lot of thats 3 WR.
Each team has spotter's up in the booth who's job it its to quickly diagnose this and tell their defensive coordinator.
IF your into that kind of thing and want to learn more http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/1600786170
That link is a book and dvd by Pat Kirwan. No matter how much you think you know football, you will learn plenty from it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users