Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another telling quote from Rivera

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

this comment was in made for preparation for the saints game, but i figured it was appropriate for the giants game tomorrow seeing as how eli just threw for 500+. in response to the saints* trying to run up the score last year:

"It's the NFL, and it's big-boy football, but yes, I took that as a slap in the face," Munnerlyn said.

But coach Ron Rivera of the Panthers had a different view.

"In my opinion if you don't like it, you do something about it," Rivera said. "Your actions speak louder than words. That's who they are as a football team. If you don't like it, then win."

it's time we do something about it! it's time for us to win! this will be a great test.

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2012/sep/16/wssport08-panthers-say-theyre-annoyed-with-saints-ar-2611278/

Posted · Report post

I can't see how this has any relevance to the Giants game. Eli threw for 510 yards because he had to to win. Saints did it because they're assholes.

Posted · Report post

well, maybe you like eli throwing for 500+ yards, and you maybe you don't want to do anything about it. rivera thinks another way.

Posted · Report post

Every team should always try to run up the score.

Posted · Report post

well, maybe you like eli throwing for 500+ yards, and you maybe you don't want to do anything about it. rivera thinks another way.

That's exactly what I said.

Posted · Report post

giants fan, eh?

Posted · Report post

eli threw for 500 because tampa couldnt stop nicks and cruz from getting behind them. he prolly had 250 in the 4th quarter

Posted · Report post

Yeah this really isn't relevant.

You're high if you think Eli would have thrown for 510 yards if they had been ahead and not playing catch-up / in desperation mode. The Giants weren't padding stats they were trying to come back and win a game that early on it looks like they were out of.

Good quote for the Saints game - not this one.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments